Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I made the leap. I have owned a Triumph TR3 since 1965. I am in the third year of a two year plan to completely restore it. I have missed the top-down hug-the-curves drive for too long.

Memorial day my wife & brother-in-law casually suggested that we go look at the new SKY. I said that there probably wouldn't be any in the show room. I was wrong. Deep Forest Green with the tan leather - reminiscent of the BRG TR.

We looked, I said 'it sure would be nice - but not now'.. we looked, sat, looked some more. They were closing and I said we would think about it. My wife asked if I wanted to put a deposit down. I begged off but she asked the SalesManager if we could think about it. All day tuesday I kept saying we could wait; she wanted an automatic; we just paid off the van; etc. etc. Finally I called Saturn and said we weren't going to. He said, come by after work and take it for a drive.

My wife picked me up, we went over and the salesman walked up and said "here's your keys"... seems my wife put a deposit down in January.

Love the car - truly reminds me of the older sportscars. The Miata or even the Honda don't have that feel..... I still have (and will finish/keep) the TR but now I have a true(new) top down drive in the garage........

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! Let's see some photos!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My wife and I just sold our Mazdaspeed Turbo Charged Miata MX5 to switch to the Redline. We are missing peak convertible season but it will be worth the wait.

CONGATULATIONS and welcome again to the Forum.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My wife picked me up, we went over and the salesman walked up and said "here's your keys"... seems my wife put a deposit down in January.

ahhhhh, what an awesome wife you have. She sounds like a keeper :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
CFMSKY, I too have a 1975 Triumph Spitfire. It sits in my garage with a houseload of goods from my girlfriends house. The bad part was putting the car in first. Now I can't get it out and every now and then I hear all kinds of racket coming out of the garage. I keep asking my girlfriend politly iffen she hears this noise. She says no. And I say the noise sounds like a garage sale on this coming Saturday iffen she don't get her behind out there and clean out the garage. Skip... a man has to do what she wants him to do... Yea rite...:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
cfmsky said:
Ok, I made the leap. I have owned a Triumph TR3 since 1965. I am in the third year of a two year plan to completely restore it. I have missed the top-down hug-the-curves drive for too long.

Memorial day my wife & brother-in-law casually suggested that we go look at the new SKY. I said that there probably wouldn't be any in the show room. I was wrong. Deep Forest Green with the tan leather - reminiscent of the BRG TR.

We looked, I said 'it sure would be nice - but not now'.. we looked, sat, looked some more. They were closing and I said we would think about it. My wife asked if I wanted to put a deposit down. I begged off but she asked the SalesManager if we could think about it. All day tuesday I kept saying we could wait; she wanted an automatic; we just paid off the van; etc. etc. Finally I called Saturn and said we weren't going to. He said, come by after work and take it for a drive.

Love the car - truly reminds me of the older sportscars. The Miata or even the Honda don't have that feel..... I still have (and will finish/keep) the TR but now I have a true(new) top down drive in the garage........
Howdy, welcome aboard. I see by reading your post that you too are a old time roadster fan. I too had the pleasure of owning and driving a '60 TR3A. It was grey with red leather, coincedence that Serenity is silver/red? :D
I foundly remember the way she handled and 40n yrs later I am feeling the
great feeling of wind in the face. The TR3 had dzeus fastened windoiws you had to take out of the trunk and fasten:lol: Same way with the top, you had to stretch it over the frame. It also had a nifty little hand crank for those times of low battery:lol: :lol: Anyway glad to have you aboard, sorry but at my age I tend to ramble on a might..............:D :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
A 1979 Truimph Spitfire was my first new car purchase. It doesn't compare to the SKY at all.

All the crap about the top being complicated on the SKY? Ha!

Two words: NO SNAPS.

'nuff said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts