Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sky can be order with the GM traction control option later this year. In addition, a newly design seat feature allows for height control too.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Delnari said:
The Sky can be order with the GM traction control option later this year. In addition, a newly design seat feature allows for height control too.

These are features for the 2008 model, correct? Where did you hear this news?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to the Solstice Forum and check out the changes for the 2007 Solstice. These are the same changes being made to the Sky after factory shutdown in July.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nscrbug said:
These are features for the 2008 model, correct? Where did you hear this news?
No, the 2008 Sky is not being made until August of 2007. These are changes being made in mid-production to the 2007 models.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chili Pepper Girl said:
Uhhhhh shut down in July?!?!?!? I need my sky first!!!!
Every GM plants takes a 2 week shutdown to re-tool and prepare for the upcoming models. The new features for the Sky and Redlines will be built after this shutdown.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm already scheming ways to get those electric seats into my sky!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Delnari said:
I think the seat height adjuster looks like it becomes standard.

I also think if you read the constraints correctly, the traction control only comes with ESC, and ESC is only available with the turbo engine (i.e. Redline/GXP), so even though you can get a SKY with traction control starting this fall, it is only on the RedLine.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Delnari said:
Traction control, we don' t need no stinkin' traction control!:willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
KappaMan said:
I think the seat height adjuster looks like it becomes standard.

Sure wish they would throw in that seat height adjuster NOW...instead of waiting until after July to do it. :mad:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
TexSon you can't go off road with out Traction control, You gota have it...Seal9:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Here is the link: CLick HERE and then in "New for 2007"

"Pontiac Solstice

New Features

Premium exterior color (34U) Mean (Yellow) (additional charge)
GXP Model 2MG67. GXP includes (LNF) Turbo ECOTEC 2.0L Variable Valve Timing DOHC 4-cylinder aluminum engine with 260 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, (FE3) 4-wheel independent Sport-tuned suspension, high-polished stainless-steel dual exhaust outlets, (GT4) 3.73 rear axle ratio and front and rear fascia extensions

• (60T) Lightside (Medium Tan) cloth convertible top
  • (JL4) StabiliTrak, vehicle stability enhancement system (standard on GXP)
  • (JF5) Sport metallic pedals (available on both models)
  • (D52) Rear spoiler (available on both models)
  • (QSL) P245/45R18-96W blackwall performance tires (standard on GXP)
  • Embroidered GXP seats and Ebony with Red Accent stitching seating available in Cloth and Leather
  • (AF2) 2-way power driver seat height adjuster (standard on both models)

Changes

(PCM) Preferred Package replaces (ZQ2) Power Package. (PCM) includes (A31) power windows, (AU3) power door locks, (AU0) Remote Keyless Entry and (D48) outside power body-color mirrors."

Very interesting indeed... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
Very interesting indeed, especially the AURA options!!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can live without the traction control, but at 5 foot, I would sure love to have the seat adjustment. My Sky is supposed to be imaging now. Guess that means there is no way I can get it????

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Here is the link: CLick HERE and then in "New for 2007"

"Pontiac Solstice

New Features

Premium exterior color (34U) Mean (Yellow) (additional charge)
GXP Model 2MG67. GXP includes (LNF) Turbo ECOTEC 2.0L Variable Valve Timing DOHC 4-cylinder aluminum engine with 260 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, (FE3) 4-wheel independent Sport-tuned suspension, high-polished stainless-steel dual exhaust outlets, (GT4) 3.73 rear axle ratio and front and rear fascia extensions

• (60T) Lightside (Medium Tan) cloth convertible top
  • (JL4) StabiliTrak, vehicle stability enhancement system (standard on GXP)
  • (JF5) Sport metallic pedals (available on both models)
  • (D52) Rear spoiler (available on both models)
  • (QSL) P245/45R18-96W blackwall performance tires (standard on GXP)
  • Embroidered GXP seats and Ebony with Red Accent stitching seating available in Cloth and Leather
  • (AF2) 2-way power driver seat height adjuster (standard on both models)

Changes

(PCM) Preferred Package replaces (ZQ2) Power Package. (PCM) includes (A31) power windows, (AU3) power door locks, (AU0) Remote Keyless Entry and (D48) outside power body-color mirrors."

Very interesting indeed... :thumbs:

Regards,

Ok...am I just blind...or is anyone else not seeing "traction control" on this list?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
nscrbug said:
Ok...am I just blind...or is anyone else not seeing "traction control" on this list?
(JL4) StabiliTrak, vehicle stability enhancement system (standard on GXP)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts