Saturn Sky Forum banner

Trade a near perfect Sky Redline 2007 or sell

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  SCP 
#1 ·
Would someone trade their near perfect Redline with Manual for a near perfect 2007 Redline with Automatic? We've decided we want a manual. I wonder if a trade could happen for a car in a rare (extremely excellent) condition. Ours just broke 16,000 miles. Was always garage kept and often covered. Regular oil changes with Mobile 1 synthetic. Great Tires. A battery that should last a LONG time. Best we could find. A couple of extras on board too. Everything still working (like cup holders
🙂
)

In other words, as close as one can get to a new specimen. The car is a gorgeous dark blue that is not showing in the pics as well as it could. How could we do this exchange? Perhaps you drive to beautiful Montana, do the exchange, then drive home. We are in our 70s and retired and can't really make a trip unless it was meeting half way and it was not too far. The car is ready for the road, for sure. We are looking for an extremely low miles car in like condition or close. Of course we can always sell, then repurchase, just thought we would try this route. We love our Sky Redline. You've seen those people selling their mint Redlines for $16k to $25k? At least trying. Well this would be one of those. We just want a change in transmissions.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I would describe my car as "near perfect," and has always been garaged, etc., but it has four times the mileage, so it definitely has four times the unavoidable wear (small rock chips behind the doors, etc.). It's also parked on the wrong continent, but you know, shipping can be arranged, and at this point I think I'd take $9500 for it, so you can spend the other $6000 making it absolutely perfect if you want.

Let me know before it gets converted into full Euro spec. 🍻

#5 ·
I have a 2007 Blue Stone redline. Tan top. The Good: 19,200 miles, always garage kept, 5 speed manual, GM stage one kit, 290 hp, engine and drivetrain run perfect, new battery (last year), original tires replaced in 2018 (due to age, not wear), interior perfect. I have all service and paper records, original brochure, an advertisement poster with the exact same color car pictured, signed by the Saturn sales team we purchased it from. (not sure the wife would trade that).

The not so good: I am in Texas (great state, a long way from Montana), the fog light switch does not always function, the front quarter panel (fenders) are cracked at bottom (from being lifted improperly, I intend to have that fixed), the small antenna (trunk mounted) is damaged at top, one tiny door ding on drivers side door.

The wife does not drive the car due to bad hips and therefore does not like the manual, with the clutch and all.

I do not have a good set of pics here at the office. If you have any interest, let me know and I can post them up. One funky pic attached. I thought the contrast with the gold p/u was cool.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle

#7 ·
I have a 2007 Blue Stone redline. Tan top. The Good: 19,200 miles, always garage kept, 5 speed manual, GM stage one kit, 290 hp, engine and drivetrain run perfect, new battery (last year), original tires replaced in 2018 (due to age, not wear), interior perfect. I have all service and paper records, original brochure, an advertisement poster with the exact same color car pictured, signed by the Saturn sales team we purchased it from. (not sure the wife would trade that).

The not so good: I am in Texas (great state, a long way from Montana), the fog light switch does not always function, the front quarter panel (fenders) are cracked at bottom (from being lifted improperly, I intend to have that fixed), the small antenna (trunk mounted) is damaged at top, one tiny door ding on drivers side door.

The wife does not drive the car due to bad hips and therefore does not like the manual, with the clutch and all.

I do not have a good set of pics here at the office. If you have any interest, let me know and I can post them up. One funky pic attached. I thought the contrast with the gold p/u was cool. View attachment 113031 View attachment 113031
Part of me is tempted to offer to trade you my Automatic RL 08 Bluestone w/ tan top - I'm also in Texas, although I can't say mine is as low miles (61k currently). Has the RPM tune, only one finder is cracked, I've already replaced the fog light switch and turn signal stalk, has a ding or two but overall the body is still excellent. I've never owned a manual but something about this car makes me want one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.