Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that one way for a dealership to make a ton of money is to undervalue a person's trade. Dern near theivery, actually! But alas...tis life.
My question is...How are the Saturn Dealerships treating all you folks that have traded? Fair prices? KBB, Edmunds like values or lower...as I suspect?

Sky High!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I plan on trading our LS2 when my car gets here. I have traded with my dealer once before and they we quite fair (it helped that all the maintenence had been done there).

I will go into it loaded with all the info I can. I have pulled "trade-in values" from at least Kelly, Edmunds and two others. There is quite a range between them, some being more specific about condition that others.

With the info I have, I can at least counter what they offer and I am sure we can come up with a fair value.

·
Registered
48 Posts
traded my 2004 ion2 with 7,000 miles got $10,000 for it
and i paid when i brought it AROUND $12,700
so that should tell you how fair saturn dealers are

·
Registered
198 Posts
bigdog said:
I plan on trading our LS2 when my car gets here. I have traded with my dealer once before and they we quite fair (it helped that all the maintenence had been done there).

I will go into it loaded with all the info I can. I have pulled "trade-in values" from at least Kelly, Edmunds and two others. There is quite a range between them, some being more specific about condition that others.

With the info I have, I can at least counter what they offer and I am sure we can come up with a fair value.
I plan on doing the same thing if I can't sell my car first. The GM actually told me he would be willing to negotiate if I did have to trade my Ion in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great news so far. I'm not looking for anyting more than fair....~$22,800 at this point...but by the time a RL comes in, it'll be worth less. I just want to make sure that the values they pay are pretty decent compared to the Pontiac dealership I visited. They were Con-Artists!

Bradley

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
bradsky said:
That's great news so far. I'm not looking for anyting more than fair....~$22,800 at this point...but by the time a RL comes in, it'll be worth less. I just want to make sure that the values they pay are pretty decent compared to the Pontiac dealership I visited. They were Con-Artists!

Bradley
I have only traded once and the trade in at Saturn was more than fair. I have a neighbor that told me she traded to Saturn and it was teh best trade price she got from anyone - and it was not a Saturn!

·
Registered
31 Posts
They gave me $2,000 for a 10-year old Eclipse convertible with 175K miles on it. Fair price, compared to all of the trade-in values that I saw for the condition of the car (fair at best).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Titan Fan said:
They gave me $2,000 for a 10-year old Eclipse convertible with 175K miles on it. Fair price, compared to all of the trade-in values that I saw for the condition of the car (fair at best).
Wow! I can imagine you were stunned they gave you that much. I remember when I traded a 7 year old Eclipse at a dealership and they gave me $3000 for my body damaged and ill turboed Eclipse! It only had 125K.

It sounds like Saturn is doing right by all at this point!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just remember that private sale values are usually more than trade in values.

·
Registered
169 Posts
SKYtime said:
Just remember that private sale values are usually more than trade in values.
That's true but if you have a trade-in, you pay less sales tax because the remaining amount is smaller. I got mine with no trade and paid tax on the full amount. So private sales don't always end up giving you more money.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
triple black said:
That's true but if you have a trade-in, you pay less sales tax because the remaining amount is smaller. I got mine with no trade and paid tax on the full amount. So private sales don't always end up giving you more money.
Ya know.....I never thought about that!
It makes sense to me.......now I'm scaring myself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
They were more than fair when I traded in my 2000 mustang convertible for my SKY. They gave me what KBB and NADA said for trade in value in excellent condition, and my car was far from excellent with a rear bumper that was cracked in half and a tear in the front passenger seat leather. I was very happy and actually was expecting and would have accepted less. I took it to Carmax the week prior to trading it in and they offered me $1600 less than Saturn did.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rocky777 said:
They were more than fair when I traded in my 2000 mustang convertible for my SKY. They gave me what KBB and NADA said for trade in value in excellent condition, and my car was far from excellent with a rear bumper that was cracked in half and a tear in the front passenger seat leather. I was very happy and actually was expecting and would have accepted less. I took it to Carmax the week prior to trading it in and they offered me $1600 less than Saturn did.
It sounds like there may be more SKYs on the road than Solstices given the treatement at the Saturn Dealerships. Pontiac could learn from their sister division...or at least instruct the independent dealerships to shape up or ship out!....no more allocation for you.....end of the line!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Trading my 03 Vue with 35,000 on her. Dealer already appraised it and gonna give me $10,200. Not bad since I only owe less than $8,000. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
trading in my 2005 chevy colorado and they are given me what is owed on it 17500.00 im happy with that 22K on it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just another quick note...
All your comments have really encouraged me to do the deed. I had planned to sell, and purchase a beat-up pickup and wait for the SKY....now I'll just keep the truck until the SKY RL becomes available to order........and wait.......and wait...... =-)

·
Registered
517 Posts
a boy i used to date went to a pontiac dealership and asked the price of a car he wanted. they asked him if he had anything to trade, he said no. so they gave himm a price. then he asked how much they would give him in trade for the car he drove in. they said they could not give him anything because they had already gone as low as possible. i think dealerships ajust the sales price so it looks like they are giving you a lot for your trade when they are not.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We all know that one way for a dealership to make a ton of money is to undervalue a person's trade. Dern near theivery, actually! But alas...tis life.
The last time I looked, I failed to see a gun in my dealer's hand when the contract was being signed. If you think the dealer is making a fiortune off your old Hupmobile, why in the world would you sit there and give it away? Sell the car yourself if you think it's a treasure. I have no sympathy for passive buyers
who portray themselves as innocent victims. The Jew in Europe in the 30's was an innocent victim. You're not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But they've already taxed the vehicle that is traded in.......right? Otherwise, it would be double taxed...
I hate the games people play!
Time to go back to Bows and Arrows and Skys......LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts