Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2000 Saturn SL1 that I was planning on trading in when I got my Sky. However, someone suggested today that I should sell it instead in the classifieds.

It's in almost excellent condition. Interior is perfect. Recommended maintenance has been performed every 3000 at Saturn. Both tires & brakes where replaced less than 6 months ago. Only thing wrong is a few scratchs on the rear passenger door on the left hand side due to a tight parking spot. ;)

So if you are trading in or selling what are you doing? Any suggestions on which route I should go?

Thanks.

Joseph

·
Registered
802 Posts
You would be better off to sell it yourself. They might (I say MIGHT) give you 1,500.00 as a trade in value (not at all what you or I would think it is worth). I have a 2000 LS2 v6 in the same condition and wouldn't expect them to allow me any more than that also. They would probably have to wholesale it out anyway. You didn't say what part of the country you are located as that makes a real big difference (in selling, not in price). 3 or 4k sounds like a good private party price but I don't know about the demographics (It wouldn't sell well in New Orleans right now)

ahhhh...my 2 cents

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I have a 2003 L200. If they'll give me what I owe for it, I'll just trade it in. If not, I guess I'll sell it privately, but I won't be happy about it. The loan balance is about $600 over kbb trade in value at the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts