Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I love my Sky, but I have made a mistake. I bought this car to drive to work (40 miles one way). I used to drive an Avalanche and traded due to loving the design and using the gas savings excuse to convince myself that it was smart. I'm a big guy and the car just isn't comfortable to me driving the distance I drive each day. I miss the comfort and room of my Avalanche and I'm going to get another one.
My question is what kind of trade value would my car have now? I can't find anything on it because it's too new. Should I sell on E-bay?
It's loaded but with polished wheels and has 2k miles.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
My OTHER car is an Avalanche..... and i am small.. short that is.. my husband is 5'10", 180 lbs. and it is a tight fit for him...... i would try to sell it on ebay first.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
How much do you want for it, and all teh details. I know two people who are looking. Might be able to save you the e-bay fees.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Depends on your sitiation

My dealer said they would give me what I paid for it. I paid cash so i would have to sell it at a premium for a used car to cover the tax hit.
If you paid cash and trade in the only taxed amount will be the difference between trade and new. So if my redline is 3-4 grand over my base that is the part I pay tax on. Tax in my county is 6.75. So you can easily figure what is best for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Posted by SkyBaby

My OTHER car is an Avalanche..... and i am small.. short that is.. my husband is 5'10", 180 lbs. and it is a tight fit for him...... i would try to sell it on ebay first.....SkyBaby-07

I'm 5'9 and 164 and I have LOTSA room... check him out on the scale again!!!! I'm JUST KIDDING!!!!!

But Really, I have TONS of room

·
Registered
73 Posts
in all states ????

Eye on Sky said:
My dealer said they would give me what I paid for it. I paid cash so i would have to sell it at a premium for a used car to cover the tax hit.
If you paid cash and trade in the only taxed amount will be the difference between trade and new. So if my redline is 3-4 grand over my base that is the part I pay tax on. Tax in my county is 6.75. So you can easily figure what is best for you.
i'm wondering if its the same in louisiana.....( sales tax with trade ).........anyone know ????

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
zzzybil said:
i'm wondering if its the same in louisiana.....( sales tax with trade ).........anyone know ????
Call the dept of Revenue for the state, they should be able to tell you the sales tax law's on car's being traded.

I Just pretraded my Mysterious Solstice against the GXP and my dealer is giving me min. 26,200.00 ( which is what I paid minus Sales Tax ) or more for it. They put it in the paper for a big event this weekend and will give me more if they get more. If he get's 27,000.00 he's giving me the 27,000.00 in trade. I wanted to pretrade before the 2007 come out. And by trading I get the Sales tax advantage here in Ct. Because I traded my Jeep for 12,000.00 which I would of lost if I sold it out right.

But I also have the performance exhaust and the Tonneau cover on it, but pretty much loaded.

And don't forget if you sell it out right it will probably cost you between 400.00 to 500.00 in advertising and ebay fee's.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
deluke said:
I wanted to pretrade before the 2007 come out.
These ARE the 2007's :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
deluke said:
I was talking Solstice, sorry.
DUH:willy:

One of these days I have to take a Reading Comprehension Test

1 - 11 of 11 Posts