Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I priced one for about $3,500US. They will match the top of the trailer like the rear of the car (bumps), tail lights & paint (midnight blue). Schroll down to the white Miata.
<Non-Supporting Vendor URL removed by moderation staff.>

·
Registered
225 Posts
i haven't received my sky so i can't confirm this or not, but i thought i read a post earlier saying that they were not meant to tow anything?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I priced one for about $3,500US. They will match the top of the trailer like the rear of the car (bumps), tail lights & paint (midnight blue). Schroll down to the white Miata.
Don't be hasty!!!!!!!! There IS a trailer hitch for the NA Kappas, but one can't assume that it will fit the Turbos. Have you located a hitch? I will need one when my RL ever shows up. Although Kappas aren't DESIGNED as a tow vehicle, just about anything will pull something around. In the case of the Kappas, the towed vehicle needs to be fairly light.

·
Administrator
7,238 Posts
I think that Brentil covered the clearance issues with the semi-dual exhaust in one of his posts about hitches.

Think about it. Motorcycles pull trailers. It does affect handling, and as snaponbob said, you can't get carried away with weight, but the trailers being discussed are in the 500-800 lb range, so shouldn't normally be a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Curt hitch for our base cars will not work with a GXP/RL due to the dual outlet exhaust pipes. The mounting bracket on the side without the outlet was made wider for more support I'm guessing, but it blocks where the GXP/RL 2nd outlet would be.

I contacted Curt and asked for a possible GXP friendly design or info on how to properly modify my base car hitch to work on a GXP. Got a reply and they said to check back in a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.