·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops. Clicked "submit" too quickly. The e-bay auction shows a picture of a Solstice hitch and the other link is to e-trailers for the price. I suspect that it may not work on the Sky because of the back up light in the bottom center of the read vailance. I may drive to a couple Pontiac dealers and take some measurements and see how it ma translate to the Sky.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Interesting. Now if someone can find a funky trailer to go with the Sky...!:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:
Interesting. Now if someone can find a funky trailer to go with the Sky...!:lol:
I sure hope NO-ONE does that........ personal opinion of course...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My friend has one on her Miata for mountain bike rack. I have a picture of it with bikes loaded, horses standing around about to munch on her windshield wipers and wooly booger seat covers. It is a great picture as it has all the elements for a perfect weekend.....A ragtop, mountain bikes, and ponies... And, I know for a fact there was a six pack of beer in the trunk.......so, I have to admit it, I might get me one of them. :lol: :lol: :lol: I will see if I can post the picture, it just exudes fun.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
That's the hitch I ordered. It should arrive this or next week.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
brentil said:
That's the hitch I ordered. It should arrive this or next week.
It took a long time to get her hitch in, these will go on Sky too and arrive faster huh? I know every one howls about putting a hitch on a Sky, but If had wanted to be that fussy I would have gotten the Boxter...and well, I probably would have found a way to put a rack on it too. Let me know how you like it, it looks pretty unobtrusive and so what if it says to someone, I haul a trailer with my Sky (even if I won't) this IS Georgia after all...If your neighbors get too rowdy, just put the wheels back on the house and leave...:lol:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Folks, this is a ROADSTER, not a truck or SUV. If you want to haul a trailer, buy a vehicle made to haul a trailer. THIS IS NOT IT! It is too short, too low, and does not have the suspension to haul a trailer!! You will seriously damage the car, and could endanger your life!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TexSon said:
Folks, this is a ROADSTER, not a truck or SUV. If you want to haul a trailer, buy a vehicle made to haul a trailer. THIS IS NOT IT! It is too short, too low, and does not have the suspension to haul a trailer!! You will seriously damage the car, and could endanger your life!
Honda Gold Wings haul trailers.
Harleys haul trailers.
Hell, mothers haul little trailers behind their bicycles to air out their babies!!

I was looking for a way to haul race tires instead of hauling the Sky on a trailer behind a van. The trailer needed to do this weighs MAYBE 200 pounds plus 200 pounds of tires/rims and small stuff.

·
Registered
357 Posts

While driving home the other day, I was thinking about the '90s Plymouth Prowlers and the fact that they had an optional trailer that not only matched the styling of the car, but the color to a tee also. While the SKY might not be designed for trailering your ATVs or SEA-DOOs, having the option to pack a little more stuff for a long weekend getaway or whatever would be a good idea. I'd definitely consider getting one for my SKY.

Granted, this trailer

already exists, but its styling does nothing for the SKY. Why mount a zit like this to your beautiful SKY???

·
Registered
802 Posts
rick112 said:
Funky Trailer? try this link - http://www.golittleguy.com/options.html
I have a friend who pulls one of these with a 3 wheel Harley and cruises the whole US with two people.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
How cute! I just want to mount a bike rack. But that is cute and funky.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't want to sound negative here but towing anything at all seems pointless. I told my bride of 31 years that this was going to break her of the habit of dragging around all that huge luggage. We'll get what we need when we get there, and if it's too much, we'll ship it home!
Buy a truck if you need to tow a house.
My feelings only, if you want to stress your baby be my guest.
:willy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sky + Driver + Passenger + enough clothes to give us a change + Open road = Bliss
Trailer? Buy a SUV...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
For those extended trips where you need lots of clothes... I have found that a credit card fits perfectly in that little flap in front of the driver's seat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A trailer hitch would come in handy for towing my scooter to the shop for servicing. Normally takes a few days to get it back when in the shop so since I already have a trailer for my scooter and no way to tow it....why not? It's a once in a blue moon thing but then again I don't have to have anyone follow me for a ride home and then back again.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
:lol: :lol:
StarlightSky said:
I don't want to sound negative here but towing anything at all seems pointless. I told my bride of 31 years that this was going to break her of the habit of dragging around all that huge luggage. We'll get what we need when we get there, and if it's too much, we'll ship it home!
Buy a truck if you need to tow a house.
My feelings only, if you want to stress your baby be my guest.
:willy:
Not negative, there is freedom in learning to travel light. If I move, I make a point to throw away more than I move (Give to charity actually, sorry) Listen, I am at the age and the level of affluence that I can wash my clothes whereever I lodge as there will be everything in condo, cabin, hotel I need..., and dagnabbit unless I am traveling for work, I bring, jeans, teeshirts, bathing suit, eye glasses, running shoes, sandals...and that is it all which I can stuff wherever it will fit...wrinkles be damned...but, I would like to haul my mountain bike. Caint help it, and yes, that credit card will fit in my back pocket with my drivers license and insurance card. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Jeez people, if you can't say something positive then stay out of the thread. :brentil:

We're trying to discuss something important to us, and I'm sorry if you don't like the idea of what we're trying to do but you're wasting our time.

Ok, now that's out of the way;

Thought I post some pics of my trailer that's waiting for my hitch to arrive to go do some test runs. My jack inserts arrive today too so I'll test those out and do a little review. My trailer is for bringing my Roadster racing, which I personally think is a worthy enough cause to have a hitch on my Roadster. The tires+wheels weigh exactly 50.5 lbs each so that's a whopping 202 lbs in tires alone. :eek: I'm pretty sure I've got like another 50~75 lbs in equipment too I need to bring with me. (I'd like to note that's not my lawn, my lawn actually has grass in it. :lol: )

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where did you get the trailer?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts