Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen comments about a transparent bra (on the car, not the girl). Does anyone have experience with one? Do they stick on and can they be removed? How long do they last and where can you get one?
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
you know what i just seen a bunch of corvettes with them, there like a streachy mesh material. kind of like grill cloth for home speakers.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Have one on mine. Clear 3M plastic coating that should last for six years, depending on conditions.Hardly noticeable until up close. Sometimes after waxing you can see the line more but a wet toothpick easily along the edge cleans it right up. It has worked great so far.:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Grandpa said:
I've seen comments about a transparent bra (on the car, not the girl). Does anyone have experience with one? Do they stick on and can they be removed? How long do they last and where can you get one?
Thanks
Ah come on we would rather talk about bras on women......Skip...:lol: :) :cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nighttripper: Thanks. Is is removable? Assume w/o damage. I think this would be great as I always get a lot of little gravel pits.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nighttripper,

3M - Do you have a web address link for this by any chance? On my first day out I had a guy in a pickup spit up a stone and it hit right on the front edge of the hood. Needless to say I was not a happy camper but at least that first ding/nick thing is now out of the way but I wish it were somewhere else.

Hyperode

·
Registered
167 Posts
nighttripper said:
Have one on mine.
I'd love to see some pics on a dark sky, have you posted some previously?
I'd like to do it but I want to see the results first.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Kiss This Sky said:
I'd love to see some pics on a dark sky, have you posted some previously?
I'd like to do it but I want to see the results first.

Thanks,

Dan
I did post them for someone else. I will have to dig them up again and will repost for ya....:thumbs:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Grandma had a cedar chest and Grandpa had a wooden leg but I shore don't remember any transparent Bra!:confused:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Installed on my silver pearl

Go to my gallery and you will see my silver pearl with the clear bra installed. Several shots I tried to make it appear - this thing is very transparent. Can't help you with what it looks like on a dark car, but I am thinking it works quite well.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just took some pictures of mine I think you should be able to see the difference. It does show close up but so do stone chips on dark paint.

·
Registered
746 Posts
nighttripper said:
Just took some pictures of mine I think you should be able to see the difference. It does show close up but so do stone chips on dark paint.

That looks great. I am definitely getting one of those for the car.
:thumbs:
Blue

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Not so much eaiser, just makes sure that no damage is done to the paint...:D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Skip said:
Ah come on we would rather talk about bras on women......Skip...:lol: :) :cool:
HAHA...................CUTE SKIP...:lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Will this stuff turn yellow? I saw a white truck with clearbra on the other day and the whole thing turned yellow due to the sun

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Grandpa said:
Do they stick on and can they be removed? How long do they last and where can you get one?
Thanks
They can be removed but it takes a master to do it with one hand. They usually last about 2 Mojitos and you can get them at Victoria's Secret. Warning...if you do not take them off soon enough they may stick on.

Hope that answers all your questions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Thanks for the link based on the photos product looks good! The bra companies must be throwing a lot of rocks on the road or the car sits low enough to catch em all. Had a hit to the windshield and another to the hood an 1/8 inch to the left of the first one on Saturday just big enough to notice!
BOOHOO...

Hyperode:willy:

·
Registered
574 Posts
We have one and like it...........

The line in the hood is better... than chipped paint in the hood :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts