Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the Trifecta tune replacing my BSR tune. All I can say on the base tune damn! That is insane! I have barely even been into the throttle and it is scary. Tried at first with it on base tune and it seemed like my BSR tune may still be. Then I switched to Competitive mode and the car ran like a rocket. That is just the base tune so far it is actually running the way it should for the first time with the Fujita intake which is back on. I drilled three holes through that cover just below the CAI about 1.5" each that seems to feed the car the air it was robbed by the closed intake and the intake air is much cooler . I am impressed so far will take it to a dyne here and see what i get.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Wait... the tune is different when in competitive mode?

Some of the Trifecta tunes are only invoked when switches are in certain setting. The usual are the TC switch, which in Competition mode can trigger the tune, or the cruise control.

You can also have them on all the time if you ask for them that way.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I want, I want!

In time =)

I have had an electronic cut out from an old car I never installed. I think that's going on before I move to trifection! lol =)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Compdoc777 - Did you get a chance to hit the dyno yet? Really curious to see how the tune performs.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just purchased the Trifecta tune replacing my BSR tune. All I can say on the base tune damn! That is insane! I have barely even been into the throttle and it is scary.
It's a good scary GET UP & GO NOW ! Rahputa went from 12-13lb. max. stock boost to 23-24lbs. with the Trifecta, even more ballsy in COMP mode, sounds awesome too when getting on it with the SOLO Hi-Flo cat, 3" MagnaFlow & DEJON cia mods.

You Rock Vince ... while we roll FAST ! :thumbs:

Some of the Trifecta tunes are only invoked when switches are in certain setting. The usual are the TC switch, which in Competition mode can trigger the tune, or the cruise control.

You can also have them on all the time if you ask for them that way.
I use CC 'off' triggered, CC 'on' Stealth mode and x-way travel... and all TC modes available with tune !

cket.com/albums/dd329/HDynaglider/Helo%20Wheels/7af4d25f.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
302 Posts
I will probably use the cruise control button also. Will take some getting used to since I like to use CC all the time. I turn traction control totally off (can't stand TC except the rare occasion I have to drive in the rain) so that option probably wouldn't work. Still thinking about it but will have to decide come February 'cuz that is gonna be my birthday gift!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Compdoc777 - Did you get a chance to hit the dyno yet? Really curious to see how the tune performs.
Tried yesterday after I got off work place was supposed to close at 6:00PM and I got there and they were closed at 5:30 PM even though I made an appointment.

So they won't be getting my cash. I'll be heading to Carboy in a week or two which is open on the weekend and close to my office. Still have not had time to pull data logs to send back to Trifecta to enhance the tune, but based on the performance alone from the base tuning it is night and day from BSR which still seem to be my base tune instead of stock.

I did end up going up against a new Sti the new three door hatch version all dolled up in graphics and ended up blowing the doors off it with little effort. Should have seen the look on those people faces as I passed them full tilt with this girl dropped jaw. Also a new Mazda speed 3 got served as well some hottie teenaged chick thought she was the bomb. No contest on that one.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I didn't know any better and got an automatic Red-Line. What could I expect from a Trifecta Tune vs. a GMR Tune? With the GMR I am getting about 235 whp on the dyno.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tried yesterday after I got off work place was supposed to close at 6:00PM and I got there and they were closed at 5:30 PM even though I made an appointment.

So they won't be getting my cash. I'll be heading to Carboy in a week or two which is open on the weekend and close to my office. Still have not had time to pull data logs to send back to Trifecta to enhance the tune, but based on the performance alone from the base tuning it is night and day from BSR which still seem to be my base tune instead of stock.

I did end up going up against a new Sti the new three door hatch version all dolled up in graphics and ended up blowing the doors off it with little effort. Should have seen the look on those people faces as I passed them full tilt with this girl dropped jaw. Also a new Mazda speed 3 got served as well some hottie teenaged chick thought she was the bomb. No contest on that one.

:cheers:
Guess they have so much business in this booming economy they don't need your money! :lol: Just give us an update when you get the chance. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess they have so much business in this booming economy they don't need your money! :lol: Just give us an update when you get the chance. :cheers:
Ok barely made it today I was 1/2 mile from the place and there was a huge accident just little further down the road blocking all the lanes. But I did make it in and they dynoed the car and I got my Data Log runs done. The tune before any tweeking is putting down 288 whp and 340 torque.

The 3rd run was a 3rd gear run the first two were 4th gear pulls.

I am thinking with a straight down pipe or cat delete I might make it over 300whp. I mean that is just 12 whp to go.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ok barely made it today I was 1/2 mile from the place and there was a huge accident just little further down the road blocking all the lanes. But I did make it in and they dynoed the car and I got my Data Log runs done. The tune before any tweeking is putting down 288 whp and 340 torque.

The 3rd run was a 3rd gear run the first two were 4th gear pulls.

I am thinking with a straight down pipe or cat delete I might make it over 300whp. I mean that is just 12 whp to go.

Sweet! :cool:

I've been thinking about doing something with the cat/converter myself. Would be nice to get the 300 hp.:D
With traction that should get us into the mid 4's 0-60 times.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet! :cool:

I've been thinking about doing something with the cat/converter myself. Would be nice to get the 300 hp.:D
With traction that should get us into the mid 4's 0-60 times.
It is crazy right now I can just hit the gas at speed and the car will roast the tires. I have to be careful because this car is making more torque than my Expedition with a 5.4 liter in it.

If the car were being sold that would be 330 HP and 390 Torque.

That's more torque than the Audi R8 V8 and since is weighs in at 3600 lbs.

I have 600 lbs weight advantage over the extra 89 HP it has. Don't know what that would calculate out to.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks like the Audi is putting out ~8.2 lbs./hp and your at ~8.9 lbs./hp. Of course the Audi runs about $110,000 so... I think you will surprise a lot of cars out there (at the race track of course).

Did you have the GMPP tune before you went with the Trifecta? I'm really itching to pull th trigger on this tune but I also want to see how the BNR upgrade does!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Looks like the Audi is putting out ~8.2 lbs./hp and your at ~8.9 lbs./hp. Of course the Audi runs about $110,000 so... I think you will surprise a lot of cars out there (at the race track of course).

Did you have the GMPP tune before you went with the Trifecta? I'm really itching to pull th trigger on this tune but I also want to see how the BNR upgrade does!
No I just had the BSR tune then upgraded to Trifecta so I still have the stock equipment the GMPP replaces. I think they just move the car up to a 3 bar map instead of a 2 bar.

I think 2 bar is good to 27 Psi and I am only running 22 psi. I would not need that until I am pushing more psi. I think my Hahn IC is lowering my PSI though and performing better cooling function than the stock IC.

After getting on this thing a few times I realize that I need better brakes and suspension. Even the DDM I have in the front now are not strong enough maybe front and back DDM's would be better 50/50 split, because this car can pick up speed quick. Also the power of the engine can toss the suspension around like butter as well. Needs Coil-overs and tighter maybe thicker sways. Then some more meat on the tires in the back. Oh, an new performance clutch and flywheel. This Trifecta tune will chew right through a clutch. On the dyno you could smell the clutch burn on a 4th gear pull good thing I only have 5K miles on the car which is almost a new clutch. I will have to save for a long time for these upgrades.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yikes! I got ~45K on mine. I have the thicker anti-sway bars and slightly wider tires but new tires with better grip would be nice.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I didn't know any better and got an automatic Red-Line. What could I expect from a Trifecta Tune vs. a GMR Tune? With the GMR I am getting about 235 whp on the dyno.
can someone knowledgeable answer my question please :willy:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
can someone knowledgeable answer my question please :willy:
Why don't you contact Vince at Trifecta. If anyone will be collecting stats, he will.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts