Saturn Sky Forum banner

Trifecta Questions

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  mstrjon32 
#1 ·
I am having some huge reservations with them. They refuse to provide a phone number or call me. They only want to communicate via email. Is it too much to ask to have a conversation before you hand over hundreds of dollars? What if i have an issue? Their website provides very little info on what your getting and what package is appropriate.

#3 ·
I can understand not wanting to give out a phone number. If they don't have a person dedicated to answering the phone then someone would have to stop whatever they are working on and answer it every time. Also, I forget stuff said over the phone all the time, much easier to have the paper trail of emails. It just makes the workflow much smoother on their end.

I just got my tune from Trifecta through DDMWorks yesterday. That was a 5 day turnaround from the time I provided the requested information to DDMWorks, so even with a middle man and a holiday weekend the wait time wasn't bad. Also to note, the instructions I received for data logging says that drivability issues will be addressed within 2 business days and all other log submissions not indicating drivability issues can take 1-2 weeks.

I cannot comment on the quality of the tune yet though, I have to wait on a drill bit from DDMWorks to fix my driver's side charge pipe (sensor wouldn't fit in the hole due to powder coating). I'm gonna wait on their bit to arrive instead of using my own 1/2" just to ensure it's right.

#4 ·
I got mine 4 years ago. I am a very cautious person when dealing online but did not see any red flags and ordered as soon as I had confirmation that I was ordering the right one. Its the best thing since sliced bread. I would say, if it is still available, and it wont be forever because our cars are ageing, get it while you can. The difference is VERY noticable. 24 inches of boost, 10 inches more than the stock 14 inches. If you had a back seat, it would throw you there.

Reactions: Corsair Sky
#5 · (Edited)
It depends upon which version you're wanting. If it's the canned tune then there really isn't anything they can say beyond what you can find here. For me, it was the best $200 I've spent so far (and I've been to Thailand). Yep, I bought mine for $200 including the cable back in the day. If I was going to mod beyond what the canned tune could account for I would probably go with something like HP Tuners and find a good tuner near you. If you're in the DFW area I could suggest a guy. I would probably support your reservations of Trifecta if you were going with anything that would be considered "custom". I'm not sure if the advertised response times would be very accurate.

#6 ·
Call Dave at DDMWorks....Can't say enough about him and he uses Trifecta....or used to at least. Then you have someone that will go to bat for you if there's an issue.

#10 ·
Agree

Unless you have done significant mods to a car, there is no need for a 'refined' tune, the stock Trifecta works just fine.

Changing exhaust or air intake doesn't affect things enough (IIRC) to require specific tuning. Running ETOH or changing turbos certainly does need a customized tune.

#9 ·
Same here stock 08 RL with a Trifecta tune. When I had mine done back in 08 there was a local dealer that did the trifecta tunes. They emailed to him and he installed it. I put mine on the traction control button. Traction control on stock tune (for the wife) turn it off and put into performance mode and tune on.

#12 ·
Trifceta worked great for me. I did the "always on" option. Didn't get why I'd want to use my traction button or cruise control to turn it off. Anyhow, straight forward. They mail you a USB cable that goes to the ALDL, er OBD II port. Then you download your softeare image from your account at their website. I never asked to call, but they answered all my questions by messaging on their website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.