Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any SKY owners had a problem with water spots and runs on the windshield or side windows that will not come off. I have tried many window cleaners such as windex and window cleaner with vineger and foaming auto window cleaner with no results. If you have any suggestions please let me know. THANKS!!!! :confused: Silverpearl Blackleather Limit Slip Diff Monsoon Audio Chrome Wheels

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
That must be some really hard water you have there. Is it tap water or rain? There are several household products for removing hard water stains from glass shower doors and tile, but I don't know what, if anything they might do to an automotive finish. Best bet would be to dry the car off before the drops can evaporate and leave the mineral deposit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Use straight vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it on; let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it off. I have been using this method for years to remove water spots on my Waverunners and it works great.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If the vinigar does not work (and a good suggestion it is) - try CLR available in any household cleaning dept. I would put some on a rag and wipe the glass down -- let it sit for a few seconds then with a dry rag wipe up -- then wash windows with Windex or what ever you use.
I would not advise gettuing CLR on the finish of the car... That is why I suggest rag to window... not spray on window.:thumbs:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already tried the vinagar and it did not work. The strange thing is that none of our other cars have this problem, just the Sky. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of chemical on the window of the Sky. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
160 Posts
We noticed the same with our windows. Not so much water spots, just a rascal to keep clean. It does seem as if there is (was) some sort of coating on the windows. We tried everything, even the vinegar didn't work too well. It just took a long time after many tries with vinegar.

:cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called them water spots, but I am really not sure what they are. We are taking it to the dealer to show them because we have some other issues to work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts