Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead on one, a Silver one with sticker just over $26k. We thought it didn't fit into our family situation.

But then my wife posed the question: Why don't we get it and sell it at the end of summer?

We live in Ohio. We could sell around here, or maybe better yet drive down to Florida (parents live down there) and sell it on vacation.

So I'm trying to get an idea of just how hot these things are now, and how hot they'll still be in September??? Am I going to take a bath to the tune of thousands of dollars if I sell it in about 3-4 months?

(Keeping it is not an option, sorry but too long of a story to explain.)

Brian

·
Registered
137 Posts
Brian - once you drive it - you won't want to sell it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
They are going for over MSRP on eBay, I understand. However, as time goes on (and as the new vehicle becomes used), I imagine the demand will dip slightly and therefore the price will as well on re-sale. How long that takes is questionable.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes they are a hot commodity.
However (I'll play devil's advocate here), there is no gaurentee that they will be worth any more than any other car after a year.
Using a car for an investment is a losing proposition unless you are buying a verified classic. Sky has no history. It has rapidly decreasing worth (especially in colder states) come September. You would be Very Very lucky if you got back MSRP minus a couple of thousand. Tax reg etc -- are all a loss.
Sure there is a chance that you'll do fine, but don't count on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts