Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I first saw trunk mount luggage carrier the clearance gap between lid and surrounding metal was too small to accommodate tie downs

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
I have a GM trunk mount luggage carrier. It is yellow and has the tie downs powdercoated satin black. Do not have the drill kit, which is not needed. But do have the instructions on mounting. Will most likely be selling it the end of the month. It was professionally painted. Would prefer it went to a yellow car, as it is exact in color. I am getting a Norm's light bar and the European Fly Swatter, so don't feel it will look right amidst all that stuff. No need to contact me until I have the other parts and have them installed. Norm said 3 weeks or so, when I ordered them last week.

I may have the original fly swatter and the toneau top for sale at the same time, also a Wind Restrictor with the U.S Marine Crops emblem, lighted. Will run a for sale post when ready. I prefer to sell everyting to you guys, don't want to put anything on Ebay or Face Book. You are my friends, and I know your love for the car is unending. You will get the parts, not a resellor.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
So what do you think the turkey roaster will go for?
Whats the European fly swatter look like?
How are you going to repair the holes in the trunk (or did you never install it)?

You ordered the light bar from Norm (oh then you wont be selling anything anytime soon. LOL -- I actually hope he has improved his projection of when he can ship out parts)

Curious why you decided to go this way, have you seen the light bar in person? Was it for looks or do you want more lighting/viability?

Boy I ask a lot of question.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looking for Saturn Sky trunk mount luggage rack. A know where to find one?
As many people have pointed out in this thread and others like it, to the best of my knowledge there is two types, the 'turkey baster" type which is a GM product and IMO does look better (especially painted the car colour), but as an alternative and I have one there is a Kappa luggage rack that is now sold by DDM works. I must admit I used mine a bit when I moved down here, it was driven 2000 miles from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada to Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada.

Terry
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am getting a Norm's light bar and the European Fly Swatter, so don't feel it will look right amidst all that stuff.
Bob

Just curious as to what both of these items look like. Do you have a link to them?

Terry
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Reactions: 44thSKY

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks Dave......
Terry

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ditto to the other Dave.......

Terry

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
Ju9st stumbled on this thread, forgot all about it. I initially did not like the turkey bastor (GM OEM) luggage rack. Held on to it for three years, never mounted it. Theh bought the Norm's light bar and at first did not know if I would put it on my car. I am a dick about drilling into cars. Destroy is my normal reaction about it. So I looked at the light bar setting on the car, on off on off on off, maybe for a week while it was in the shop. The European windrestrictor came and i loved it instantly and it was going on the car. I hated the holes for the orginal fly swatter and this filled them. Done deal. Decided to put the light bar on with the WR and thought it looked fantastic together. And for some reason decided to put the luggae rack on and look at it. Totally changes the car. Makes it look far more exotic. I looked at it for a week, saying yes, no yes no. The upholstery guy put it on face book and asked a bunch of auto body, custom car guys what they thought. The final talley was 239 to 12 for it going on.

Still another day, and then I drilled the first hole, and turned it over to the body guy. Came back a few hours later and fell in love. It was a huge hit at the National, and I have been asked at every car show about it and the light bar. I have an RK wing. It ties the whole rear end of the car together.

So none of it will be for sale, sorry for the long story. I am using the toneau and will keep the original fly swatter.

One of these days I am going to take pictures of my car and post them. I just never do, but I need to.

Personally I would never put the chrome one on. It just does not go with the lines of the car, but if you need it to use the car, that certainly justifies it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Bob, I can help out a bit with photos of the Skypel (do I have that spelling correct?).

Took these photos at NASSAM2018, where the car took First Place in the Highly Modified Class. Like what has been said, the car was a Total Attraction at the NASSAM!

These photos fit the subject of the discussion above about the light-bar and the luggage carrier appearance. The comment I like is: It makes the car appear of have a rear engine, LOL.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts