Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey group
Is there an alternate way to open the trunk besides the switch in the glove box or the release on the FOB

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Do you have a problem with the trunk? Or you just asking for interest's sake?

If you have a problem, tell us the exact symptoms

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No my viper alarm releases the trunk. I had some work done at an aftermarket shop when I got the car back the trunk release button in the glove box didn’t work. Talking the shop they dropped the top but claimed the button didn’t work when they got it. The viper FOB doesn’t have a button marked trunk so I asked the owner how they opened it and he said there is usually another way to release the trunk as a fail safe. All I could envision was someone prying it open. Thanks I just breathed a sigh of relief. My tulip doors don’t work that great so I wasn’t too happy to hear they dropped the top to install my new Black Cat gage face. I just don’t trust people know what they are doing with this top. Been to too many dealerships that have absolutely no clue on how to get the top up or down. Anyways I think we are good
Thanks

·
Registered
18,470 Posts
Just for the hell of it...u can attach a piece of string or wire to the release spring in the trunk and run it through the back in back of the drivers seat...just for emergencies...it is invisible

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
119 Posts
If you can get to the plug on the back of the switch, take a pair of needle nose and just touch the two contacts and that will usually pop it. My switch falls apart anytime I take the glove box out to work on anything. I just pop it with the pliers or a paper clip until I'm ready to put it back together instead of fighting it falling apart...its just a simple contact switch..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts