Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after seeing the roof video I gather that everytime you open the trunk the tails of the roof pop up and have to be refastened. Does anybody think that this would reduce Sky's everyday usability?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Babak said:
So after seeing the roof video I gather that everytime you open the trunk the tails of the roof pop up and have to be refastened. Does anybody think that this would reduce Sky's everyday usability?
not really, in my opinion once you get used to doing it you won;t think twice about it..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Babak said:
Not at all- I can't really see anyone using the trunk that much anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've had my Solstice 6 days now. You get used to them very quickly, and it hardly takes more then 5-10 seconds to get them both down.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I can't see how it could reduce the everyday usability of the car. There isn't a lot of room in the trunk anyway. People have to get over the fact that this is a very small car with not a lot of storage. This is a roadster. It is a fun car, a play toy. If you're in and out of the trunk alot and need volumes of storage space perhaps you should be looking at some of the other cars in the Saturn lineup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a small roadster already with a small trunk but it gets used. It's nice to be able to toss a few grocery bags in the trunk after a nice drive some saturday afternoon. I was thinking about how one would feel clipping/unclipping those everytime you accessed the trunk.
I guess it will be different when I get to see it and play with it to and get a real world feel.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Babak said:
I have a small roadster already with a small trunk but it gets used. It's nice to be able to toss a few grocery bags in the trunk after a nice drive some saturday afternoon. I was thinking about how one would feel clipping/unclipping those everytime you accessed the trunk.
I guess it will be different when I get to see it and play with it to and get a real world feel.
With the amount of grocery shopping I do, that shouldn't be much of a concern. I went to my regular grocery store in May and found a sign that said it closed for good at the end of February! Since then I've gone back to doing all my grocery shopping at 7-Eleven. If they don't have it, I don't need it.

Mall trips might be another story, but I think it'll help keep me from overspending like I always do- I can't buy it if I can't get it home!

·
Registered
304 Posts
reedred said:
With the amount of grocery shopping I do, that shouldn't be much of a concern. I went to my regular grocery store in May and found a sign that said it closed for good at the end of February! Since then I've gone back to doing all my grocery shopping at 7-Eleven. If they don't have it, I don't need it.

Mall trips might be another story, but I think it'll help keep me from overspending like I always do- I can't buy it if I can't get it home!
Only Americans shop for groceries for more than 2 or 3 days ahead. Theory is that food is fresher in smaller quantities, possible limited refrigeration available, also mostly corner neighborhood markets like we were 60 years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts