Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the opportunity to see a Solstice live, in person, at my local Pontiac dealer. I have to admit it is much better looking than any pictures I have seen. However, with the top down, there is little or no easily used storage space in the trunk. To even place a few bags of groceries or shopping bags, you have to lift the top slightly in order to expose the 'storage' space. I am guessing you could load maybe five normal sized bags typical of the grocery stores in my area.

Also, because of the 'wings' at the back of the top, those are released when the clamshell is opened and must be moved to lift the boot. Not a big problem, but depending on how often you open it; it might prove iritating.

Forget putting any kind of luggage or a golf bag (maybe a stand bag, but definitely not a cart bag) in the trunk. I wish a had taken my clubs with me, but by my estimate, a stand bag might not fit.

The car is a bit wider than I anticipated. Sitting in the car, I could not touch the interior passenger door. For me, this is the same as when I sit in my ION if that helps others visualize.

Talking with the salesman, he said that dealership is NOT putting a premium on the cars. They are taking orders only and are receiving one or two a month.

All of that said, it's a great looking car and should be fun to drive.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you do a search you'll find a thread dealing with these issues. I belive that a golf bag was placed in the trunk for reference.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sky_Vue,

I read all of the threads as it relates to trunk space, but I had the chance to view a Solstice today. I know how big my golf bag is (it is a cart bag) and I know how big my stand bag is. If either will fit in trunk, top up or down, I will buy you your drink of choice.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
mhw745 said:
Sky_Vue,

I read all of the threads as it relates to trunk space, but I had the chance to view a Solstice today. I know how big my golf bag is (it is a cart bag) and I know how big my stand bag is. If either will fit in trunk, top up or down, I will buy you your drink of choice.
:cheers:
You can fit a soft sunday golf bag with the roof down. The long leed press event had some of the cars with bags with clubs in them with the roof down.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just so everyone knows, my post wasn't a complaint, but an observation. It was the first time I actually saw the Kappa car. This situation hasn't altered my opinion of the car. In fact, I was really impressed with the Solstice and can't wait to see the Sky which IMHO is even better looking.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The groceries I have no problem with, as they are in plastic bags that are
small and will fit in almost any nook or cranny. The golf clubs generally will be
carried when the top is up, as I would never leave the top down and
leave the car for 5 hours to play a round. Or, more likely, I would just stick them in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2 bags supposed to fit

When I was chatting with the guy at the fair where they had it for show he said you can fit 2 golf bags in the trunk. But when they send me the invitation to go look at it up close and personal in a week or so I will check into it. At the fair they wouldn't let anyone touch it. I hope with the invitation we at least get to sit in it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Consider it a deal, Sky!

sky_vue said:
If either don't then the round is on me. :) :D
It will be my pleasure either way, Sky.
:D :cheers:

·
Registered
17,636 Posts
The Solstice or Sky was not meant for grocery shopping....and if u wanted to put a golf bag in the car...how about the front seat...how dumb can one be

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty dumb I guess

marlboromike said:
The Solstice or Sky was not meant for grocery shopping....and if u wanted to put a golf bag in the car...how about the front seat...how dumb can one be
Marlboro Mike,

Thank you for the compliment and open minded response to my post. It's always appreciated.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i think it is very funny that people are so uptight about getting golf bags into this car.... i had a 65 Corvette Stingray roadster, No trunk at all, no storage space at all with the top down, you had to get out of the car to put the top down... sound familiar? nobody ever complained about storage space or having to get out of the car to put the top down on a vette. and if you don't get the power top even today you still have to get out to put the top down or up... but at least it does have a trunk now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts