Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Plano Saturn Dealer here in DFW. The manager on duty was not really taking orders. In fact she pulled out a blank piece of paper out of her printer to put my name and number down to call me.
I had my checkbook in hand. Ready to at least get something official that I was on a waiting list.
She would not take my deposit. She did ask for what options I wanted.
Still not happy that I could not get something more in writing. I actually had to ask her twice for her card so I could call her.
Her response after I asked her how long before I could get something more concrete was in 2 to 3 months.
Grrrrr. I almost wanted to slip her a 100 dollar bill to get a bit more information. But I figure the Redline is still to new.
Are there any options besides the engine that I can get on the REDLINE?
She was pretty unresponsive when I explained that the Redline came with different selections of seat colors. I did not want to push it any further.
I figure I will learn more as the month progresses. Then I can make some printouts of this forum and take it to her.
Thanks
If there is any dealer in Texas that wants my business, just send a message. I really don't feel any loyalty to this dealership.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Sit down, take a deep breath, and don't hate for this.

Wait. :banghead:

Sky production is sold out through the end of 2006. Hence, with Redlines accounting for about 40% of a small production run of Sky's you should be planning on late winter or spring unless things change a lot. Apparently existing Redline orders may not even being picked up yet.

I placed my order about a month ago. I am #6 at my dealership. The sales manager said that their allocation for August may only be ONE car. He also told me that they are not taking any more Sky orders for a while. They sold their demo as well. In the last three weeks they have received two sold units. It is like this all over the country.

Bottom line, if you want a Redline you'll need to find a dealer that will sign an order with you, and do NOT sell you present car because you'll be walking into 2007!!! And then WAIT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I plan on keeping my vehicle I have now. I actually love it. 05 Jetta TDI.

My plan for this car is for the weekends. Nice sunny drives.
I already started paying the extra 25 dollars a month for a spot in the parking garage at my condo.

I was thinking it would be March or April before I would get this car. I can wait. I just want to be put in the que. Have an order form in front of me. No that I am on the list. Be able to hold it in my hands.....I know I am obsessing.
Funny. I have bought almost 16 vehicles in the last 15 years. Getting ready to buy another one for my wife in the coming months. This is the first time I have not had the salesman jump up and down trying to get me to take the car home.
I am glad there is this forum. I need to see others getting their cars. It gives me hope.

Most of my friends right now think I am crazy. Asking me why I need another car. What I find crazy is how they can look at the Sky and not want one.
I think most of them will figure out my obsession once it arrives. I plan to drive it over to everyone of my friends who frowned at my wanting to have this car. (I turn 40 in August. Not sure why that matters, but I figure if you got the money you should enjoy your life now. Not in 20 years when you might not be able to drive the dang thing).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in the same boat here in Southern California. I left a check with a local dealer and they claim I'm on some kind of list but without some kind of paperwork,who knows?I gave my preferences as to color,transmission and the such.It just doesn't seem very official.Problem is that if you complain, they could just tell you to kiss off, knowing 10 more people are in line for the same car. Like you, I just want to know i'm in line and not going to be bypassed by someone either by accident or the old boys network. I will buy a Redline anywhere in the Country. If anyone has any great ideas, let us know!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
dolph4golf, call Carol Halverson at Saturn of Santa Rosa. Sky or RL at msrp no dealed add on unless you want them.

richmcc in in your area and he went there, I'm from Auburn and went there because the two dealers in the Sacramento area wouldn't order an car for me.

We are # 1 & 2 on the RL list at Santa Rosa.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fred, I will call 1st thing in the morning. Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you place your order? I would love to be #3 on that list.Did she give you any type of paperwork?
Thanks a ton, Randolph

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hershey, you might consider trying Saturn of Arlington. My mom bought her Saturn (not a Sky) at that dealership and has really been impressed with them. I also believe that Ernest, a regular poster on this board, has ordered and received a base Sky and has ordered a R/L there, as well.

Good luck. If you are not happy with one dealership, remember that there are still several others in the DFW area that would be happy to take your deposit and place an order for you.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
dolph4golf said:
Fred, I will call 1st thing in the morning. Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you place your order? I would love to be #3 on that list.Did she give you any type of paperwork?
Thanks a ton, Randolph
Sent you an email this morning with the number. I placed my name on the list in April an got my prelim order # on 7 June. Now I'll just sit bake and enjoy the ride until they call to come pick up my Yellow RL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post, I just joined this group this morning. I live in both East Texas, (Arlington), and West Michigan. I saw and read about the Sky just a few months ago. I thought as soon as I saw it, I need one of those, it is really neat. I was extremely busy at the time and didn't have an opportunity to really check on one. I finally started making phone calls the day after I arrived back in Michigan for the summer, BINGO! I was lucky and hit a dealer at just the right moment, they still had their totally decked out demo model and another the same color that had been their first ordered come in earlier that week. The lady who ordered it could no longer buy it. They called the others that had ordered one and they all wanted to wait for their own. So, the management had a meeting that Friday afternoon at 4:00, and told their sales staff they were going to sell their Demo and keep the one that had been ordered. I called early Saturday morning, the salesman said "You are not going to believe this, but yes, we have one for sale, and yes, it's here right now". Need I say anymore? As soon as I pulled in and saw it sitting on their front lawn with the top down right next too the highway, I said, "It's mine". I did take it for a test drive, but when the salesman started pointing things out, I just said, "No need, your job's already done, the car was sold as soon as I pulled in your driveway". I took it home with me that same day and I love it. I had been looking at Classic Corvettes in Texas because they have aways been my passion, but I wouldn't trade my SKY for one now. The point I am making is, it never hurts to call around and keep calling. Sometimes the people who order them no longer want them or no longer can take possession of them for one reason or another. If the others on the list do not want that car, then there you are. I realize in some areas this may not happen, but it could, it happened to me. As I said though, I bought one that has all the bells and whistles and the neat special order wheels, which was fine and it was also black. So no choices, but I wouldn't trade it for any other color, it is beautiful. Start calling, you never know. ONX SKY

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks SkyHighinTX for your suggestion of Arlington Saturn Dealership.
Talked to Aaron yesterday and he said it would be no problem putting a deposit down and getting my order in. Do the credit check, give him the complete build of my car and then he will submit it for my order number.
This is much better then Saturn of Plano Texas.
I hope to stop by today to get my order into the system. :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts