Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, in haste I pulled hard on the convertible top and I heard a piece of metal fall down somewhere. The top freed itself and I was able to latch it. It was raining so I was in a hurry. When I got home, I dried the car off and put the top down. I noticed to cable with the plastic clip dangling and the tulip panel loose. I have extra clips, but I noticed that there is a metal piece that attaches to th tulip panel kind of like a clip, and the plastic clip attaches to that, I am now missing the metal part. Any ideas on where to find a replacement???

Attachments

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Hi, in haste I pulled hard on the convertible top and I heard a piece of metal fall down somewhere. The top freed itself and I was able to latch it. It was raining so I was in a hurry. When I got home, I dried the car off and put the top down. I noticed to cable with the plastic clip dangling and the tulip panel loose. I have extra clips, but I noticed that there is a metal piece that attaches to th tulip panel kind of like a clip, and the plastic clip attaches to that, I am now missing the metal part. Any ideas on where to find a replacement???
This is the subject of a couple of threads on the Solstice forum, one of which is here: Need This Simple But Important Clip - Pontiac Solstice Forum

Fortunately for you, @chickenwire and @Rob the Elder have been working on replacements (there is another thread that I can't find now) so perhaps they can chime in here.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
This is the subject of a couple of threads on the Solstice forum, one of which is here: Need This Simple But Important Clip - Pontiac Solstice Forum

Fortunately for you, @chickenwire and @Rob the Elder have been working on replacements (there is another thread that I can't find now) so perhaps they can chime in here.
I have a couple that CW had printed to test his model. They are metal. They can be made to work but needed some refinement. I have a file and can print them in nylon but have not tested one to make sure it works.

Unfortunately they come as part of the flap assembly and cant be purchased separately. The only source is my printed model and Chickenwire's metal printed version. The ones I have could be made to work but the D shaped hole is slightly too small to go over the rod that carries the motion of the spring into the flap to keep it closed when the top is down. Some work with a file would be required. But we are very close. Check with CW and see if he will print some in metal based on the updated dimensions I sent him last month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I can’t message chickenwire, his box is full. I could try the version you have. How much and how do I contact you?? Thanks Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts