Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2008 Midnight Blue redline SKY...the right side tulip door was damaged...I have a new one and need help with the installation...I do see a stationary peg on one side and a spring loaded peg on the other...the spring loaded peg has a flat side to load the spring when the new door is installed...but I need to know if the stationary side comes off so I can install...thanks...bob

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Bob, I sure thought there was someone out there that might have gotten into installing a new tulip panel lid. I haven't even had to replace the plastic connector pieces yet. My time is probably coming, but for now I'm pretty careful when I put the top up or down to not let those flaps get disturbed, LOL.

You might give the solsticeforum.com a try. There are many, many experienced owners over there too that may have replaced a tulip panel door. You will need to go through a similar sign-up process over there as you did here. Most of us here visit the solstice forum too, but not always. I did a search but saw nothing that I thought would lead me to that subject. Maybe my mistake.

Anyone out there that replaced a tulip door??? :willy:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did the door without taking it all apart. I had to replace the passenger side. All I did was pop of the c clip that holds the spring side in and took the spring off. When i put the door on I put it on the stationary side first then pushed the spring side in from behind and put the c clip back on. Then I had to put the spring back with my hand under the door. I did drop it a few times but just pulled the door jamb plastic off and put a megnetic pick up tool in there to get it. I finally pulled the spring on and hooked the front closest to the door then twisted the back on to hook it and give it tension. Hooked up the cable and bingo it works. i did use a strong magnet to hold the hinge pin in place while I put the clip on and that helped the clip to stay in place while I pushed it on. Also you could tie a piece of string on the spring so if you drop it you can pull it out easily.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Buddy, that is a keeper description! Everytime I see a carefully described fix like you just did, I just have to copy it and save it in my folders. Never know when the day will come, LOL. Thanks. :dthumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts