Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I keep replacing my Tulip clips with cheap plastic Dorman ones 75455. I have searched for metal ones but no luck. Do they exist? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may try googling "carburetor linkage clips", there may be a possible fit there. I have not tried this solution nor have I made any measurements to see what size would be needed. It just seems like it might work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I was going to order a couple of clips but I canceled when the shipping charge was almost $20.00.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Here is the original GM plastic clip that can be used for both tulip doors though officially there is a left and right side version. One clips on properly with down-force, the other improperly with up-force. I understand one clip for both situations still works fine regardless.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I would say if you have to keep replacing them regularly, that there may be another underlying issue.
I agree. They should not be breaking so frequently. Make sure the bracket that the cable jacket is attached to is properly aligned.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I agree. They should not be breaking so frequently. Make sure the bracket that the cable jacket is attached to is properly aligned.
That is the key to the entire panel opening system. They need to be adjusted so that the flaps open completely, yet the cable is still just a little tad bit loose when the panels are fully openned.

👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts