Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I recently bought a '09 Redline Sky and unfortunately am having problems with the passenger side tulip panel flap/door.

It has popped off the pin twice now. Essentially, the metal L bracket that attaches to the cable comes off of the plastic flap. The flap looks like it has some wear on it and when we successfully reattached the flap last time, it looked like the pin didn't go through the side with the metal L bracket completely. If that pin was just a bit longer, I feel my panel wouldn't have popped off again. Any ideas on how to fix this? Will add a couple images in a minute.

Image can be seen here - https://imgur.com/a/p3Tv2ZL

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Couldn't see the image the first time.

Never have seen that come off but it looks like something is broken or missing. I have to go look at mine to see what it SHOULD look like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the better pics, DaveOC.

I have the black metal piece with the plastic purple piece still. The problem is, the black metal piece pops off silver plastic door panel then results in my current picture. It's easy to wiggle the black metal piece with the purple plastic attachment back on, but it's tougher to get the whole assembly back on the pin.

I did manage to get it back on after removing the E clip from the other side which allowed me to push the door assembly to the right. What I can't understand is why the black clip with the purple attachment keeps falling off, which then makes the grey door fall off.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My guess is the the "black metal piece" is bent in a way that prevents it from clipping on to the door/flap.

However, I'd be very careful not to further damage that door/flap. The only way to replace them is to buy the entire silver panel, otherwise known as the tulip panel. If you can find the individual doors, they are not priced over $200 each.

(My personal opinion) If you cannot get it working correctly, then I would just remove the door/flap, and place it somewhere where it can't get lost. it isn't necessary to the proper operation of the top, and is just there for appearance sake. (/My personal opinion).

Good luck.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck, I ended up having to replace the entire panel which is unfortunately very expensive. Luckily I found one used from THIS site, and I thankfully have been good since.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is what it's supposed to look like.

the third image is the OPs imgur pic.

Just for what it's worth.

:thumbs:

Thanks! This solved my issue.

There was still the issue with the top's metal brackets/arms that is covered in what looks like plastic electrical tape that scuffs up the tulip panel a bit.
Zip tied these Dell Isolation Rubber Rails to that bracket, using the rail's hole to align/secure it with the protrusion in the bracket. Bit of silicon lube on the rubber, and it protects the flap corner much better when you close the top.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts