Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my sol. turbo car runing two day and it not a hann kit, but bill did pcm in my ,, cars for me,,,,thanks,,,,, i have worked all bugs out of my car and i am runing 12 pound boosts about 310.00 hp to start with,,,i have t3/t4 turbo that will make about 400hp,,, i made my own turbo manifold form a kit,,i made my own with down pipe with a cut out that i can open in car ,,,made my own cold air kit,,my inercooler has a 10 inch fan on it that i can turn on in car,,, i have mef. kit that kick on at 8 pounds of boost,,,my son and me took car out and ran it to to see how fast it is,,,his z28 has a 400hp 350 in it,,at track it wiil turn 12.5 with sliks,,,,we made 3 runs with him on steet tries too ,,,my turbo car won by 3 car or moore in all 3 runs,,,,he got mad and put his sliks on he won by 3 cars ,,,so my car is running about 12.7 ,,12.8 ,,,,not bad for street tire,,,, nexts tries ,fuel reg. clutch,and put 342 rear end in,,,,,,,,,good luck all turbo cars , sixshooter4097ps my sol. is my slow car

·
Registered
6 Posts
sixshooter4097 said:
got my sol. turbo car runing two day and it not a hann kit, but bill did pcm in my ,, cars for me,,,,thanks,,,,, i have worked all bugs out of my car and i am runing 12 pound boosts about 310.00 hp to start with,,,i have t3/t4 turbo that will make about 400hp,,, i made my own turbo manifold form a kit,,i made my own with down pipe with a cut out that i can open in car ,,,made my own cold air kit,,my inercooler has a 10 inch fan on it that i can turn on in car,,, i have mef. kit that kick on at 8 pounds of boost,,,my son and me took car out and ran it to to see how fast it is,,,his z28 has a 400hp 350 in it,,at track it wiil turn 12.5 with sliks,,,,we made 3 runs with him on steet tries too ,,,my turbo car won by 3 car or moore in all 3 runs,,,,he got mad and put his sliks on he won by 3 cars ,,,so my car is running about 12.7 ,,12.8 ,,,,not bad for street tire,,,, nexts tries ,fuel reg. clutch,and put 342 rear end in,,,,,,,,,good luck all turbo cars , sixshooter4097ps my sol. is my slow car
Wow, nice job!! Care to post pics?

I am curious about a few things--

Do you need a lower temp thermostat housing to keep water temps down with that FMIC in front of the radiator?

What is the downpipe cutout? You mean a wastegate dump?

What bottom end mods have you done? Stock?

What kind of ECU reprogramming have you done? What's needed to make the whole thing work?

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:cheers:

-Ryan

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Pictures please!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lawdogg said:
Wow, nice job!! Care to post pics?

I am curious about a few things--

Do you need a lower temp thermostat housing to keep water temps down with that FMIC in front of the radiator?

What is the downpipe cutout? You mean a wastegate dump?

What bottom end mods have you done? Stock?

What kind of ECU reprogramming have you done? What's needed to make the whole thing work?

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:cheers:

-Ryan
no,,,yes ,,,,yes,,,,hann ,,call hann racing they have a410hp stock bottom end and they did my pcm putting piston in be for i go to 17 to 19npound of boost to get 410 ,,,,gm has a cobot runing 22 pound of boost at11.22 time

·
Registered
165 Posts
I see a few things I like!

Wide Band O2 ... Good good
EGT probe .. Good Good
Big Turbo ... Good good
Boost ref check valves? ..good

Keep an eye on the ECU O2 cross over counts. Since both O2 sensors are in line of each other the WB may shield the NB of accurate mixture and possibly set a DTC. (even if that's the 2nd (past the cat) O2 sensor)
Doesn't that brand of WB do 0-1v output along with the 0-5V WB signal?
Maybe you could run 1 O2 sensor (the WB02 ) and a casper electronics O2 simulator for the post cat O2 sensor.
Also I would only measure O2 after the wastegate. Having the O2 before it can lead to potential problems when a lot of exhaust is going though the wastegate.

Where is the MAF? And how does the ECU/engine deal with the BOV opening up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SCdyne said:
I see a few things I like!

Wide Band O2 ... Good good
EGT probe .. Good Good
Big Turbo ... Good good
Boost ref check valves? ..good

Keep an eye on the ECU O2 cross over counts. Since both O2 sensors are in line of each other the WB may shield the NB of accurate mixture and possibly set a DTC. (even if that's the 2nd (past the cat) O2 sensor)
Doesn't that brand of WB do 0-1v output along with the 0-5V WB signal?
Maybe you could run 1 O2 sensor (the WB02 ) and a casper electronics O2 simulator for the post cat O2 sensor.
Also I would only measure O2 after the wastegate. Having the O2 before it can lead to potential problems when a lot of exhaust is going though the wastegate.

Where is the MAF? And how does the ECU/engine deal with the BOV opening up?
it by air cleaner,,, my wide band has simulator in it,,i am taking one out but car is runing good no check lights,,, blow vavle off works fine

·
Registered
92 Posts
Keep in mind the stock 5 speed transmission (from the chevy Colorado truck) is rated at under 400hp and 385lbs of torque. The stock drive shaft even less...keep these things in mind when going for insane amounts of boost.

·
Registered
231 Posts
CyaL8r said:
Keep in mind the stock 5 speed transmission (from the chevy Colorado truck) is rated at under 400hp and 385lbs of torque. The stock drive shaft even less...keep these things in mind when going for insane amounts of boost.
Mallet's using the stock tranny and rear end (not sure about driveshaft) so I assume it'll hold up for a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lawdogg said:
That's what I thought he meant ... but I didn't think he was serious. :)

I've never seen one of those things installed before, but thats hella sweet!!
There are tons of guys on my wrx forum that have that cutout installed. The best exhaust on a turbo car is no exhaust at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mattr762 said:
There are tons of guys on my wrx forum that have that cutout installed. The best exhaust on a turbo car is no exhaust at all.
Yep. That's why I ran my VR-4 with no catback for a while. Starts to get annoying when your ears pop from the pressure change created by the sound.. :willy:

Which WRX forum are you on?

·
Registered
33 Posts
lawdogg said:
Yep. That's why I ran my VR-4 with no catback for a while. Starts to get annoying when your ears pop from the pressure change created by the sound.. :willy:

Which WRX forum are you on?
I'm a member on all of them. :lol: But I spend most of my time on nasioc.com and wrxforum.com.

I ran my wrx with no exhaust for 2 days while I was waiting on my downpipe to come in. Sounded cool but people would just glare at me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CyaL8r said:
Keep in mind the stock 5 speed transmission (from the chevy Colorado truck) is rated at under 400hp and 385lbs of torque. The stock drive shaft even less...keep these things in mind when going for insane amounts of boost. I HAVE PLAN USEING CAD CSX REAR END CUSTOM DRIVE
SHAFT AND I HAVE RUN HIGH BOOST FOR YEARS IN MY GN RON

1 - 14 of 14 Posts