Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished the install of the Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 turbo kit in my Sky ... &...

Okay, all I'm gonna say is:

DAMN!!! :willy:

Hold on to your thing-a-ma-jig cause its a totally different car after this improvement.

I'm pretty sure that the Performance Clutch will be the next install ... But I am very satisfied with the turbo kit and the simplicity to install ...

A huge improvement over stock. I had a little engagement with a 350Z and he wasn't happy that I blew him away!

I was!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Congrats! Keep us updated on your performance upgrades. Are you planning on getting it on a Dyno any time soon. I would love to see a copy of that. :thumbs:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you have the base suspension package? And if so how does the car handle with the increased HP? Looking to get mine done and wonder about effects to the base design of the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the base suspension package? And if so how does the car handle with the increased HP? Looking to get mine done and wonder about effects to the base design of the car.
I've got the stock suspension ... Which BTW, handles Awesome (with a capital "A"!

The Kappa design is an engineering masterpiece.

I believe that this design will represent the standard by which all sports car will want to follow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sounds like a great mod. congrats!!!! Definietly want to hear more about your upgrades. It will give us something else to dream about while waiting to get our skys!!!! How does an aftermarket turbo kit effect your warranty? Did you have to do any other mods to the motor before installing the kit?

·
Registered
692 Posts
What about the pictures?? WHAT ABOUT THE PICTURES??? this threads gaotta have Pictures.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
How much did they charge u to install the kit or did u do it yourself? Ive been looking at that upgrade but I have heard they had problems with heat melting things. Please keep us up to date on reliability issues. $4k for the turbo then whatever $ to do install but oh so priceless when u blow a 350Z out the box!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PicS :)

What about the pictures?? WHAT ABOUT THE PICTURES??? this threads gaotta have Pictures.....

I'm gonna make a video that'll blow everyone's mind ... Give me a couple of weeks:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I like it!!! :cool:

Regards,

BA... :willy:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
damn!!....oops...I MEAN DAMN!!!:eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did they charge u to install the kit or did u do it yourself? Ive been looking at that upgrade but I have heard they had problems with heat melting things. Please keep us up to date on reliability issues. $4k for the turbo then whatever $ to do install but oh so priceless when u blow a 350Z out the box!!
I installed it myself.

I've been down to my dealer with it already ... everyone wants to drive it ... LoL ...

I'm hoping that; since I just ordered a Saturn Vue Hybrid, that my dealer will want to love me with honoring my warranty...

If not .... I'm not too concerned about it. This kit is well designed and thought out. I replaced the plastic buttons with metal ones.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I installed it myself.

I've been down to my dealer with it already ... everyone wants to drive it ... LoL ...

I'm hoping that; since I just ordered a Saturn Vue Hybrid, that my dealer will want to love me with honoring my warranty...

If not .... I'm not too concerned about it. This kit is well designed and thought out. I replaced the plastic buttons with metal ones.
Love it!

How much HP do you figure it gives you?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
damn!!....oops...I MEAN DAMN!!!:eek:
Hey MRSVIPER... Oooops, I mean MRSSKY!!! :thumbs:

Good to see you got your new name!!!

BA...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Thank-you Skyspy, I feel more complete now.
By the way went to a Chili-cookout yesterday with a ton of Harley bike's and owners. Had a blast!!!
We got there early enough so I parked my sky on the street near the bikes. Honest to gosh you wouldn't believe the crowd around this baby!!. And I was so filled with information about it, being educated mostly from this forum......"It was un believable" Everyone loved the color combo!...they even asked me and my friend if we'd like to judge the Salsa tasting contest.......wow 25 selections.,,we washed the after taste with some beer....a great day!! MY "sKY" was a hit....:)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Set up looks great, how long on the install?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Set up looks great, how long on the install?

It took about 10 hours.

:)

I just got my Kappasphere muffler installed and it rocks!!!

:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
B-E-A-uitiful! Thanks for the pictures. Now if you could just get a Dyno done so we could all see where we end up at with the aftermarket MOD. Great job installing, looks really clean. :cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love it!

How much HP do you figure it gives you?
I believe I'm somewhere around 300+ with the addition of the high flow cat, kappasphere KS1 muffler and SMS Big Bore Throttle Body...

If you drop the clutch its very squirelly all the way through 1st half way through second and about 0-60 in under 4 secs ... Top out 4th and its at about 110...

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
sounds very nice. How sure are you of those 0-60 numbers?

We'd ALL love to see a track test or dyno sheet :cheers:

What was your total cost of your modification? (turbo, piping, and high flow cat)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe I'm somewhere around 300+ with the addition of the high flow cat, kappasphere KS1 muffler and SMS Big Bore Throttle Body...

If you drop the clutch its very squirelly all the way through 1st half way through second and about 0-60 in under 4 secs ... Top out 4th and its at about 110...

:cheers:
Not to be a stickler, but it is highly unlikely that a 300hp Sky would do 0-60under 4 seconds. Those also look like Stock wheels to me. The $100,000 "Hot Rod" LS7 600+ HP solstice barely did that with 305 rear wheels and upgraded transmission. If I do "everything" right in my 400hp Mallett sky with 275's in the rear, I am happy if I get a 4.1 0-60.

I think it is great kit you got there and 300hp is fine...but don't spread mis-information without a time slip or you will have folks showing up to HAHN expecting those kind of numbers and not getting them. :nono:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts