Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the latest on the turbo/engine issues that have production shut down? How could something like this happen this far into production? I'm must confess I'm having second thoughts again.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
What's the latest on the turbo/engine issues that have production shut down? How could something like this happen this far into production? I'm must confess I'm having second thoughts again.
What do you mean so far into production??? This wasn't far into production. Production just started around 4 to 6 weeks before the turbo shut down. They were in Ramp up in production. Ramp up could last from 1 month to 6/7 months.They are still saying early October some time to go back into production.

This is a new launch. If your having seconds thought then wait for the 2008 model. things like this happen with new launches all the time. It is no big deal.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What do you mean so far into production??? This wasn't far into production. Production just started around 4 to 6 weeks before the turbo shut down. They were in Ramp up in production. Ramp up could last from 1 month to 6/7 months.They are still saying early October some time to go back into production.

This is a new launch. If your having seconds thought then wait for the 2008 model. things like this happen with new launches all the time. It is no big deal.
Deluke:

If they are saying still early Oct to go back into production, why are the reports showing 0 Redlines for 3 weeks in a row to almost the end of Oct??

Please explain.

Thanks!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Deluke:

If they are saying still early Oct to go back into production, why are the reports showing 0 Redlines for 3 weeks in a row to almost the end of Oct??

Please explain.

Thanks!!:thumbs:
Because of all the orders that got picked up already. They must be so back logged it's not funny. I personally think they were picking up more orders then they would of been able to produce being in Ramp up for the GXP and Red Line. My Opinion.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Because of all the orders that got picked up already. They must be so back logged it's not funny. I personally thing they were picking up more orders then they would of been able to produce being in Ramp up for the GXP and Red Line. My Opinion.
The ones that would of gotten picked up today should of been for the week of October 23 already. Your probably not going to see any new orders produced untill November sometime. Again my opinion. And thats if they start picking them up next week it would probably be for the first week in November or later depending how ramp up is going.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The ones that would of gotten picked up today should of been for the week of October 23 already. Your probably not going to see any new orders produced untill November sometime. Again my opinion. And thats if they start picking them up next week it would probably be for the first week in November or later depending how ramp up is going.
Thx!:thumbs:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
?

Does anyone know exactly what the problem is?

·
Registered
277 Posts
LOL Deluke! Just search harder for the answer it is out there on this forum....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does anyone know exactly what the problem is?
Engine is running too rich (minor)

Engine is getting water in it from big storms through the intercooler. You can hydrolock your enigine. That would be a HUGE blow to GM quality and word would get out quick that the Sky Redline is another Fiero, GM is just trying to avoid that. They are doing the right thing, would you rather they just ignore it like the Ford Pinto?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the info and yes GM is doing the right thing.

·
Registered
991 Posts
From my dealer they said the problem was the location of the ari intake and during heavy rains water was getting sucked into the engine. They are repositioning the air intake so that does not happen.
Engine running rich - ECM reflash
Water problem - New intake shroud.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Turbo Issues

It's funny to see this post. Just yesterday I contacted the Saturn dealer in Springfield (PA). They told me the very same thing about the Redline situation. I have had a the required deposit of ($2500) in since mid June for mine.

By the time I get it, it will be too cold to drive it. Blah!:banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Engine running rich - ECM reflash
Water problem - New intake shroud.
Can you elaborate pls? Water problem? How is the water getting sucked in? Is it from the CAI or is it a turbo issue? Do you know?:confused: Inquiring minds would like to know, if possible "exactly" what the issue is, some posters are trying reeeaalll hard to skirt it. If I had a R/L on order I would like to know, heck it would not be a BIG deal to wait for the mods at the factory--Better fixed there, than at your dealer IMO--Any specifics availiable--The ECM re-tune is not a biggie--The water, its a biggie IMHO--:nono:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Can you elaborate pls? Water problem? How is the water getting sucked in? Is it from the CAI or is it a turbo issue? Do you know?:confused: Inquiring minds would like to know, if possible "exactly" what the issue is, some posters are trying reeeaalll hard to skirt it. If I had a R/L on order I would like to know, heck it would not be a BIG deal to wait for the mods at the factory--Better fixed there, than at your dealer IMO--Any specifics availiable--The ECM re-tune is not a biggie--The water, its a biggie IMHO--:nono:

I'm sure they know how it's happening by now or hope anyway after a 3 week shut down of production. But no, they didn't at first, hence the stop of production to figure it out. All dealerships will get a service bullitin if the recieved a car on how to fix any problems.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks like with the shutdown and me being at the end of a 34+ person RedLine order line at my dealership, it will be a 2008 or 2009 model when it gets here......

They should server beer in this waiting lounge....... :D

HoldHard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts