Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turbohat1.jpeg I have my Chili Red Sky. Very pleased with it, But I am going to trade it in for a turbo Sky. I have the hat, now I am waiting on the Turbo Sky. Anyone interested in buying my Sky can e-mail me. I will sell it for $50 more than the dealer is giving me on trade.

·
Registered
478 Posts
How much is the dealer giving you on trade?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
$27,000 for my Sky on a trade for the Turbo. I have 600 miles on the Sky. The dealer wants me to stay under 1000miles.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Wow, you'll only have 400 miles for the next few months. That would be a challenge!

May I ask what the dealer is charging for the RL?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
MSRP Just as he did on the Sky. I have a Suzuki 1400 Intruder plus my regular car. I am willing to give them the car now and wait for the Turbo to come in.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Don't you get a tax savings when trading a "used" car in on a new one where you live? For example, in Ohio You would save $1687.50 in sales tax if you received $27,000 for your trade. :driving:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
glkeegan said:
View attachment 4300 I have my Chili Red Sky. Very pleased with it, But I am going to trade it in for a turbo Sky. I have the hat, now I am waiting on the Turbo Sky. Anyone interested in buying my Sky can e-mail me. I will sell it for $50 more than the dealer is giving me on trade.
Cool hat!!! Where did you get it? Please let me know. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo Sky hat

I had it made at the Mall in Brandon, Florida. $26

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
SaturnSkyDude said:
Don't you get a tax savings when trading a "used" car in on a new one where you live? For example, in Ohio You would save $1687.50 in sales tax if you received $27,000 for your trade. :driving:
Not in California you don't. In fact, if I bought a car out-of-state, like in Ohio with the trade (or in Alaska, where there is NO sales tax at all) then I would still have to pay the California Sales Tax when I went to register the car in the state.

I also have to pay Sales Tax on a used car that I buy from a private party, too. That occurs at the DMV when you transfer the title.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new car.

·
Registered
820 Posts
glkeegan said:
You only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new car.

I had a toyota dealer offer me $1500 on my 91 MR2 Turbo that was in excellent condition back in Nov of 2000. I declined the offer and told him I would sell the car for $6,000.00 on AutoTrader.com. I actually sold the car for $6,300.00 (bought it 3 years prior for $6,000) the day after I posted it for the first time on the site. I came in the next day and told the salesman what I had sold it for and he could not believe it. I never trade cars in. It's too easy to sell used cars on your own and you make double what they give you or more.:thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
glkeegan to break even you would have to sell it for 28890.00...thats 27000,00 they will give you on trade plus the additional tax you will pay for no trade...27000.00 x 7% fla sales tax = 1890.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts