Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Say someone did want to add a water/meth system... what are the best options out there right now? Most of the threads on it are 10 years old, and I have to think that controllers have come a long way since then. The idea that a fail safe if you run out of fluid really peaked my interest.

I watch the Race Proven Motorsports YouTube channel for fun, but they install a lot of meth systems and have their own pieced together system available for $1,000 (https://race-proven-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/rpm-meth-system-parts-only) but I doubt the tank that they use would fit anywhere in the car. Anyone have any feelings on the parts that they use, as you can buy a "fender mount" version of the ProMeth kit that would probably fit in the trunk easily. Or maybe this should be it's own thread...

·
Super Moderator
11,270 Posts
Say someone did want to add a water/meth system... what are the best options out there right now? Most of the threads on it are 10 years old, and I have to think that controllers have come a long way since then. The idea that a fail safe if you run out of fluid really peaked my interest.

I watch the Race Proven Motorsports YouTube channel for fun, but they install a lot of meth systems and have their own pieced together system available for $1,000 (https://race-proven-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/rpm-meth-system-parts-only) but I doubt the tank that they use would fit anywhere in the car. Anyone have any feelings on the parts that they use, as you can buy a "fender mount" version of the ProMeth kit that would probably fit in the trunk easily. Or maybe this should be it's own thread...
Could be but at the same time since we've opened this thread to alternatives to bigger turbos it may not be that far off topic. I don't think this should become a discussion as to the nuances between different meth systems but if someone wants to post suggestions or for tank options I don't think that's too far out there.

I've heard many (Not necessarily Sky owners) use their washer fluid tanks as a meth kit since you can run 20% washer fluid and water as a solution. Kind of make it do double duty.

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Could be but at the same time since we've opened this thread to alternatives to bigger turbos it may not be that far off topic. I don't think this should become a discussion as to the nuances between different meth systems but if someone wants to post suggestions or for tank options I don't think that's too far out there.

I've heard many (Not necessarily Sky owners) use their washer fluid tanks as a meth kit since you can run 20% washer fluid and water as a solution. Kind of make it do double duty.
Almost every install we have done on the Solstice/Sky with Water/Meth has used the windshield washer reservoir for the tank. We keep the windshield washer pump hooked up and the reservoir does double duty, that is why we also typically tune the Water/Meth using the -20 windshield washer fluid as you can use it to keep your windshield clean and your engine making more power.

·
Super Moderator
11,270 Posts
Not to mention using the washer fluid resivoir gives you the notification when it's low.
Almost every install we have done on the Solstice/Sky with Water/Meth has used the windshield washer reservoir for the tank. We keep the windshield washer pump hooked up and the reservoir does double duty, that is why we also typically tune the Water/Meth using the -20 windshield washer fluid as you can use it to keep your windshield clean and your engine making more power.
Really does make the most sense.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Really does make the most sense.
How much liquid does it hold though and how long would it last with normal use. I'd hate to be refilling it more often than I was putting gas in the car

·
Vendor
695 Posts
How much liquid does it hold though and how long would it last with normal use. I'd hate to be refilling it more often than I was putting gas in the car
The reservoir holds about a gallon. You do not have to spray that much to get a very good benefit, we typically use the small nozzle that comes with the AEM kit for installations. If you are using the small nozzle and have the on pressure set around 7-8 psi with full duty cycle by 23psi, the gallon reservoir will usually last a couple tank fulls. This is very dependent on driving style though and how much full throttle you do.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts