Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2009 Ruby Red Sky with 22,000 miles. I’m having an issue with the turn signal relay. I need to replace it, I can’t find it. I listen for the relay with my turn signals/ flashers on and the sound is coming from the driver door panel speaker. I thought this was odd. Now I’m confused of the relays location. Please help me find it.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
I just purchased a 2009 Ruby Red Sky with 22,000 miles. I’m having an issue with the turn signal relay. I need to replace it, I can’t find it. I listen for the relay with my turn signals/ flashers on and the sound is coming from the driver door panel speaker. I thought this was odd. Now I’m confused of the relays location. Please help me find it.
Welcome to the forum. There is not a turn signal relay in the traditional sense. The flashing is comtrolled inside the BCM (Body Control Module) that is under the carpet at the front of the passenger footwell. The "clicking" is a sound generated in the radio and emitted in the speaker in the driver's door.

What is your turn signal problem?

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. There is not a turn signal relay in the traditional sense. The flashing is comtrolled inside the BCM (Body Control Module) that is under the carpet at the front of the passenger footwell. The "clicking" is a sound generated in the radio and emitted in the speaker in the driver's door.

What is your turn signal problem?
Thank you for the info. The left turn signal flashes rapidly. Others are ok. All new bulbs in all lights. Would I need to replace the BCM? This is new to me. I remember the way they used to be years ago.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
A rapid flash on one side is an indication of a burnt out bulb on that side. You have a bad bulb somewhere.

If it makes you feel better you aren't the first person that has had this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
L
A rapid flash on one side is an indication of a burnt out bulb on that side. You have a bad bulb somewhere.

If it makes you feel better you aren't the first person that has had this issue.
looks like I’ll check all bulbs. Thanks again. Love the car. Best car I’ve owned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember...u do have running lights where your headlights are...and u can check side marker lights...they could have been modified...but that is another story.
As a matter of fact I have the colored lenses on the front and the sequential turn signal in the rear. I’ll be and sure to check ALL lights. I appreciate all your info

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
As a matter of fact I have the colored lenses on the front and the sequential turn signal in the rear. I’ll be and sure to check ALL lights. I appreciate all your info
When checking your rear lights...be ever so careful in the removal...it is not for the timid person...it needs to be lifted gently or you will crack the plastic tip at the end....make sure u use electrical tape around the screw driver if u have to pry the lens off...there may be a how to on utube.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When checking your rear lights...be ever so careful in the removal...it is not for the timid person...it needs to lifted gently or you will crack the plastic tip at the end....make sure u use electrical tape around the screw driver if u have to pry the lens off...
Yea, I will be sure and do that. I have heard it is a little tricky getting them out.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Certainly if it flashes fast on the left side, the issue is on the driver's side. Yeah as I mentioned before, you aren't the first one to have this issue and looking at the other threads I posted might help. A few people have found intermittent shorts or bad connections at a socket on the side of the car they are having trouble with.

Please though take a moment to update us when you find the issue as it may well help someone in the future.

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
If my memory serves me well...and remember my brain is not well (LOL), there was a socket change from the early SKYS...it was either the socket or the bulb...it may be the bulb with an identical number but something had to be twisted so it worked....this is a long shot...very long shot.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
If one of the three bulbs (one front two rear) isn't bad, the tail light sequencer is a prime suspect.

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had to return to work. I was out of town a few days. I will be working on it again soon. No haven’t coated the problem yet. Thanks for all who have passed on advice. I will let you know what I find. Thanks again. Great forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had to return to work. I was out of town a few days. I will be working on it again soon. No haven’t coated the problem yet. Thanks for all who have passed on advice. I will let you know what I find. Thanks again. Great forum.
When checking your rear lights...be ever so careful in the removal...it is not for the timid person...it needs to be lifted gently or you will crack the plastic tip at the end....make sure u use electrical tape around the screw driver if u have to pry the lens off...there may be a how to on utube.
OMG I cant believe its been 6 months since my issue with the turn signals. Due to wok and life in general, i realized I haven’t given an update. I was finally able to fix my turn signal issues 2 days ago July 2nd. After checking all turn signal lights front and rear, i came across that I had Sweeplite sequencial LED lights installed in the rear lights. I finally located the resistors that were mounted on the rear frame. The driver side resistor had failed. i purchased 2 12v 6 ohms and replaced them with the old resistor. Works perfect! Got rid of the Hyper Blinking. Took awhile but finally figured it all. Thanks to you an everyone. Great Forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts