Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
I just purchased a 2009 Ruby Red Sky with 22,000 miles. I’m having an issue with the turn signal relay. I need to replace it, I can’t find it. I listen for the relay with my turn signals/ flashers on and the sound is coming from the driver door panel speaker. I thought this was odd. Now I’m confused of the relays location. Please help me find it.
Welcome to the forum. There is not a turn signal relay in the traditional sense. The flashing is comtrolled inside the BCM (Body Control Module) that is under the carpet at the front of the passenger footwell. The "clicking" is a sound generated in the radio and emitted in the speaker in the driver's door.

What is your turn signal problem?

Reactions: agent008

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
If one of the three bulbs (one front two rear) isn't bad, the tail light sequencer is a prime suspect.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
You CANNOT replace the flasher on these cars. As said above, it is built into the BCM which is the "Body Control Module" (i.e. a computer). If you want to use LED bulbs, you will need to add a series resistor (6 ohm, 50 watt) on each side to fool the computer into thinking you have regular bulbs.
Don't you mean "parallel* resistor?

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Yes, series would make it worse. The problem arises because the current flow through an LED is too low, and the BCM tinks that a bulb is not working. The series resistor, as you say, would reduce the current even more. In parallel it takes the place of the "missing" bulb and gets the circuit current to the proper level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts