Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is not a turn signal relay in the traditional sense. The flashing is comtrolled inside the BCM (Body Control Module) that is under the carpet at the front of the passenger footwell. The "clicking" is a sound generated in the radio and emitted in the speaker in the driver's door.

What is your turn signal problem?
hello there. i did not find a 'bcm' on the diagram in the location u mentioned, nor any 'clicking' feeling from any relay or box/container on fuse board at location mentioned. seems to me the flasher is not replaceable like a standard relay type and only on a bcm board as a complete unit. i want to replace 'flasher' w/ one led compatable. auto zoo has one on webb site. i cant trust them to b accurate. so, i must use resistors. too bad. also, read bcm is located in center panel below environmental controls. big mystery.
bruce from dover, de.
2008 redline (new b)

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
hello there. i did not find a 'bcm' on the diagram in the location u mentioned, nor any 'clicking' feeling from any relay or box/container on fuse board at location mentioned. seems to me the flasher is not replaceable like a standard relay type and only on a bcm board as a complete unit. i want to replace 'flasher' w/ one led compatable. auto zoo has one on webb site. i cant trust them to b accurate. so, i must use resistors. too bad. also, read bcm is located in center panel below environmental controls. big mystery.
bruce from dover, de.
2008 redline (new b)
You CANNOT replace the flasher on these cars. As said above, it is built into the BCM which is the "Body Control Module" (i.e. a computer). If you want to use LED bulbs, you will need to add a parallel resistor (6 ohm, 50 watt) on each side to fool the computer into thinking you have regular bulbs.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
You CANNOT replace the flasher on these cars. As said above, it is built into the BCM which is the "Body Control Module" (i.e. a computer). If you want to use LED bulbs, you will need to add a series resistor (6 ohm, 50 watt) on each side to fool the computer into thinking you have regular bulbs.
Don't you mean "parallel* resistor?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't you mean "parallel* resistor?
Way back when, I had a 2008 Sentra that I converted the front blinkers to those tacky LED strips. At that time I added the resistors in parallel. But, I've always been reading here and/or on the Solstice forum that the resistors should be in series.
I have my doubts series would work? While in parallel the resulting resistance will be a value somewhere in between the resistor value and the LED bulb's resistance, if you install it in series the resistance will be the sum of both. So the result will be worse (higher resistance, less current flow, will still make BCM think bulb is defective) than just the LED itself?

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Yes, series would make it worse. The problem arises because the current flow through an LED is too low, and the BCM tinks that a bulb is not working. The series resistor, as you say, would reduce the current even more. In parallel it takes the place of the "missing" bulb and gets the circuit current to the proper level.

Reactions: agent008
21 - 26 of 26 Posts