Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was talking with my dealer tonight and he told me the 07 RedLine will be powered by a twin trubo. Didn't have any more info that that, but if it is true the that would really make the Red Line an E ticket ride. :D :D :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
twin turbo

on a 4 cylinder are you kidding me..... Sorry I don't wanna blow a 4 banger. I love 4 bangers but yesh I think this guys lieing to you.

·
Registered
623 Posts
fkeillor said:
Hey everyone, I was talking with my dealer tonight and he told me the 07 RedLine will be powered by a twin trubo. Didn't have any more info that that, but if it is true the that would really make the Red Line an E ticket ride. :D :D :D
It can't. Only a V engine can be twin turbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Not true, it's just easier to do multiple turbos on V engines because there are exhaust ports on both sides of V engines. As long as enough exhaust gas can be routed to each turbo, an engine can have as many as you want.

I've heard of twin turbo engines that use one small turbo and one large one. The small one spins up faster with no lag, and the big one gives the majority of the boost. Porsche does this with their twin turbo engines.

Once at an exotic car show I saw a Bugatti with a 4 turbo V12 engine. I forget the HP number, it was some insane number.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I thought this guy might be blowing smoke. But it's still nice to dream. And the rumer mill goes round and round. We'll just have to wait and see what Saturn does.

·
Registered
242 Posts
fkeillor said:
Yea I thought this guy might be blowing smoke. But it's still nice to dream. And the rumer mill goes round and round. We'll just have to wait and see what Saturn does.
THEY'VE SURPRISED US, SO FAR! THE "SKY"?

'WHO'DA THUNKIT":D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The dealers can't tell you when they are getting them or how many they are getting. They can't even tell you options or interior colours at this point. It's all speculation. Sounds like he was playing with you. Or didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

I find out more hear than any dealer has been able to tell me. As a matter of fact I have sent a couple of them here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a real problem with speculation on the dealers part. It makes us all get excited about unconfirmed reports.

I'm happy @ this point with what ever I get. So long it's everything I want :)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
rick112 said:
I find out more hear than any dealer has been able to tell me. As a matter of fact I have sent a couple of them here.
I much like you went into my dealership with more information in hand than was available to them. But in my sales representative's defense he also wasn't trying to miss lead me. I pointed the forum out to him as well. Now we are waiting together on what ever information comes available. From there we will move forward making informed decisions. :)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
::busts out his trusty Dealer BS salt ring of protection::

Ahhh, I feel much safer now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Not true. The Nissan Slyline GT-R was a twin turbo inline six as well as the MKIV Toyota Supra.

They wouldn't throw a twin turbo in this car unless it had a larger displacement. I don't see that happening anyway, doesn't seem like this car is targetted towards that market, and the costs of a TT Redline would be much greater than a standard turbo/supercharged model.

It'd actually be pretty silly to not include the same motor used in the Ion redline for production cost reasons alone.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
fkeillor said:
Well, if a DEALER says it, it MUST be true :lol:

Brentil, just for a moment, break open your circle of NaCl and let me in...

...ahhh... thanks very much. Now I feel much safer, AND my shoes smell better too!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
This kind of stuff makes me really happy that my dealer freely admits that they have very little information. I know they're not BSing me, and I'm saving a fortune on salt!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
screw, screw, screw, attach wire, solder, (currently installing an upgraded BS detector) attach wire, solder, screw, screw, screw….. :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
What's relevant is the power of the engine, not whether it got one , two or three turbos (you always want just one, if possible). The widely reported figures are "at least 250 HP" and possibly more.

·
Registered
328 Posts
reedred said:
This kind of stuff makes me really happy that my dealer freely admits that they have very little information. I know they're not BSing me, and I'm saving a fortune on salt!
:cheers:
I have a good dealer back home and he and the GM have been good about returning my emails. They even said that they were not taking deposits and did not know their actual allotment number, so at least they are not BSing me yet. (I am a least one of the 1st on their wait list)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Delnari said:
In addition to the twin turbos they are running 4 carbs, one per cylinder to boost the torque levels over 300lbs :lol:
That's good to hear. You always want a low carb setup, wouldn't want your new roadster to get fat! :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Delnari said:
In addition to the twin turbos they are running 4 carbs, one per cylinder to boost the torque levels over 300lbs :lol:
:confused: which is 4 more than the Sky :confused: which has zero carbs (sequential port fuel injection)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts