Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have two questions about the Saturn SKY(OPEL GT,pictures from the OPEL GT at GENEVA)

What was that there,a 12V socket??


And than I see at some SKY´s pictures this button,was it for the TC(too switch them off),was this button on every SKY??



sorry for my bad english,I´m from Germany :D

Good Drive with our SKY :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Wow a forum member all the way from Germany. Welcome.. DId anyone notice there is no red in the seat cushion? is this a change? Cool pictures.
Kimmi:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
The thing by the glove box shows up in the images on the Saturn website, and in a couple of Brentil's photos like this one


Maybe Brentil knows what it is.

I don't think the other button on the stereo shows up in any pictures of American spec cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
virginiasky said:
The thing by the glove box shows up in the images on the Saturn website, and in a couple of Brentil's photos like this one


Maybe Brentil knows what it is.

I don't think the other button on the stereo shows up in any pictures of American spec cars.
the button by the radio = power point (used to be called the cigarette lighter).

The other button looks like an active handling/traction control button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Can anyone tell me why the red is distibuted differently on these pictures? No red of the seat, no red on the steering wheel and no red on the dash. Kind of looks half finished.

Kimmi:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
kimmi said:
Can anyone tell me why the red is distibuted differently on these pictures? No red of the seat, no red on the steering wheel and no red on the dash. Kind of looks half finished.

Kimmi:confused:
It's an Opel ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
So I guess that answers my question about the difference between the two. I still think it doesnt look quite finished.

Kimmi:thumbs:
 

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
Joined
·
408 Posts
Herzlich Wilkommen!

Do they have Onstar in the Opel too? I just noticed the buttons on the rearvew mirror-or do they serve another purpose?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
kimmi said:
Can anyone tell me why the red is distibuted differently on these pictures? No red of the seat, no red on the steering wheel and no red on the dash. Kind of looks half finished.

Kimmi:confused:
Because this is an Opel GT and not a Sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
No Red on the dash is old news that pretty much was changed right after the concept was put out last year. The button below the radio is a Traction Control Button. In the one picture it has the familiar U shape (looks like a Harp) with the letters TC inside it. The other thing is the 12V “outlet”
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the answers

The First picture is from the OPEL GT

The second picture is from the SKY(about gallery from here)

ON STAR was opposed(stoppt) in Germany for 2 Years,before this it gave ON STAR at/by OPEL



But was the TC Button on every SKY or not??(or must you pay for this opption??)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
There is NO Traction Control on the SKY!!! :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
There is NO Traction Control on the SKY!!! :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
This is true - but the Solstice GXP DOES have active handling standard (the marketing name is StabiliTrak or ESC for Electronic Stability Control). So, I'd assume that the not-yet-announced SKY Redline would have it standard, too, meaning, by inference, that the Opel GT would have it standard as well.

Or so my thinking goes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The OPEL GT has Standart TC an ESP,and I hope he will have a button too switch it off :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:
The OPEL GT has Standart TC an ESP,and I hope he will have a button too switch it off :D
Then that's the button that switches it off. It looks like the same button that does it in the Corvette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I, too, was looking at the pictures from the Geneva show, and I noticed that the Opel GT had twin exhaust pipes, something many Sky/Sol owners have begged for... It's nice that they get it right out of the chute, but dang, why'd we get stuck with the dorky single pipe when they get the twin pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Twin Pipe

HI
The twin pipe is a need because we have a 260 HP engine 2.2 here and they will come with the 170 Hp only up from end of next year. Be Lucky to have the already in March / April:cheers:

Here the price for the Europe Sky / GT will be started 35,741.79 USD :willy:

Anyway I will have one as I order allready :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
KappaMan said:
This is true - but the Solstice GXP DOES have active handling standard (the marketing name is StabiliTrak or ESC for Electronic Stability Control). So, I'd assume that the not-yet-announced SKY Redline would have it standard, too, meaning, by inference, that the Opel GT would have it standard as well.

Or so my thinking goes...
Yep, that's what I was thinking.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top