Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the two-toned interior of the show model going to be a feature (or option) of the production model? I haven't even seen a mention of the interior colors in any of the auto show write ups on the Sky.

I think it looks nice, but I'd imagine the red/black thing isn't for everyone, so my guess was that it'd be an option at best. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
109 Posts
naoki said:
Is the two-toned interior of the show model going to be a feature (or option) of the production model? I haven't even seen a mention of the interior colors in any of the auto show write ups on the Sky.

I think it looks nice, but I'd imagine the red/black thing isn't for everyone, so my guess was that it'd be an option at best. Anyone know for sure?
It's my understanding that leather is an option on the Sky and since the red/black show car interior is leather, we can safely assume that that particular interior is not standard - and it's unlikely that they would have a similar colour scheme for cloth or pleather interiors...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I heard somewhere that they will have these options:

Cloth interior (monotone)
Leather interior (monotone)
Leather interior (two-tone)

and i believe they will have a different color scheme as well (rather than red and black, it will be black and something else, maybe beige...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
101jinx101 said:
I heard somewhere that they will have these options:

Cloth interior (monotone)
Leather interior (monotone)
Leather interior (two-tone)

and i believe they will have a different color scheme as well (rather than red and black, it will be black and something else, maybe beige...)
According to the lady giving the speil at the Dallas Auto Show, the interior options will be:

Black Cloth
Black Leather
Black and Red Leather

I'm hoping for a black and tan or tan only option, myself.

·
Registered
432 Posts
thorkull said:
According to the lady giving the speil at the Dallas Auto Show, the interior options will be:

Black Cloth
Black Leather
Black and Red Leather

I'm hoping for a black and tan or tan only option, myself.
i believe tan is available as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd assume from these guesses that the two-toned leather option would also include the red/black accents on the dash and doors? And a regular-spec'd Sky would feature an all-black dash and so forth?

·
Registered
11 Posts
naoki said:
I'd assume from these guesses that the two-toned leather option would also include the red/black accents on the dash and doors? And a regular-spec'd Sky would feature an all-black dash and so forth?
That's what it looks like from the pictures, but I didn't think to ask about that. (The red dash and door panels match the red of the seats, and would look kinda silly if you had tan seats with red accents on the door/dash/steering wheel.)

·
Registered
432 Posts
thorkull said:
That's what it looks like from the pictures, but I didn't think to ask about that. (The red dash and door panels match the red of the seats, and would look kinda silly if you had tan seats with red accents on the door/dash/steering wheel.)
lol you guys crack me up. no, they wouldnt have red and black doors with tan seats. it will match. trust me. we just dont know if they will do tan and black two tone or just tan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, no I wasn't hoping for bright red panels either... just curious if a cheapskate like me would get away with some sort of two toned dash that would compliment a plain cloth black interior.

·
Registered
432 Posts
naoki said:
Lol, no I wasn't hoping for bright red panels either... just curious if a cheapskate like me would get away with some sort of two toned dash that would compliment a plain cloth black interior.
paint and masking tape! :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
There was someone claiming to be from Saturn that posted on a thread a few months back, he/she said that an all tan interior and top was going to be offered.

·
Registered
432 Posts
LatinVenom said:
There was someone claiming to be from Saturn that posted on a thread a few months back, he/she said that an all tan interior and top was going to be offered.
i cant see it being any other way. we've been assured there will be a tan top, and i cant see the only interior color options to be black and two tone black/red. they've got to have a tan interior available, especially since the solstice has it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I want Black everything well when it comes to interior.... I want a solid black dash and solid black leather seats =) ..... with brush nickel looking shift handle.......

·
Registered
304 Posts
swatthefly said:
lol you guys crack me up. no, they wouldnt have red and black doors with tan seats. it will match. trust me. we just dont know if they will do tan and black two tone or just tan.
Yes GM has a handle on interior combos, except to frustration of some at solsticeforum, inability to combine sand/steel interior with red or green exterior :banghead:

·
Registered
432 Posts
achieftain said:
Yes GM has a handle on interior combos, except to frustration of some at solsticeforum, inability to combine sand/steel interior with red or green exterior :banghead:
which stinks, because that would be an awsome combo!

·
Registered
432 Posts
swatthefly said:
which stinks, because that would be an awsome combo!
True,
execpt the woman that was the interior designer evidently must not think so, in her eyes the steel/sand combo with the RED/Green and Black top must not be a balance look to the whole car.
So GM is ignoring the PAYING CUSTOMER and going with the designer's opinion, not to smart a marketing decision IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
LatinVenom said:
True,
execpt the woman that was the interior designer evidently must not think so, in her eyes the steel/sand combo with the RED/Green and Black top must not be a balance look to the whole car.
So GM is ignoring the PAYING CUSTOMER and going with the designer's opinion, not to smart a marketing decision IMHO.
We do not know if she's the one who made that decision. There are any # of GM people who could have decided the color combinations do not work.

·
Registered
432 Posts
brentil said:
We do not know if she's the one who made that decision. There are any # of GM people who could have decided the color combinations do not work.
Maybe Brentil, but I think is her input that probably made that decision take place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts