Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't realize until today that there is a regular radio anntenna behind the passenger seat. It doesn't show up in most of the pics or they have removed it for the showings. I think it kinda looks ruins the low profile of the car sticking up back there. I found a 6" one called stubbie. I ordered it and will test it on my SC2.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ugly Antenna?

It doesn't look that bad and it is functional. The stubby will cut down about half of your fm stations and you will only get a few am stations. I have the same antenna on my LS series - the car is white and the antenna isn't even noticable.
(click on the picture for a larger version as it isn't noticable in the thumbnail shot.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had an unsightly one on my camaro and I hardly ever use the radio so I replaced it with an automatic one, it cost about $75 and was totally worth it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking there might be some sort of trade off. Oh well it only cost about $16 and I can try it out. I only listen to a few local FM stations. AM radio what is that?
LOL. I haven't listened to AM since the 80's when at night we could pick up WLS out of Chicago.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Power Antenna

ruledawg said:
I had an unsightly one on my camaro and I hardly ever use the radio so I replaced it with an automatic one, it cost about $75 and was totally worth it.
JC Whitney has two that should work, one is $39 and the other shown below is $75. The difference being in the location of the motor. The $39 might work (but we don't know how much room there is under the old antenna) but the $75 one has the motor located away from the antenna therfore not requiring the same amount of room. -eldeeko

·
Registered
328 Posts
Alot of the Sol guys are going with the 6". The mod companies will have a good selection and the Sol's antenna should be the same as the Sky's ... so you should have a variety to pick from. :cheers: Which ever antenna you install will look out of place, unless you install a power one. JMHO

BTW, I thought that the Sky would have included a power antenna, because they are going for a more modern look. Makes me wonder if there is room to install one on the Sol/Sky? :confused:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Alot of the Sol guys are going with the 6". The mod companies will have a good selection and the Sol's antenna should be the same as the Sky's ... so you should have a variety to pick from. :cheers: Which ever antenna you install will look out of place, unless you install a power one. JMHO

BTW, I thought that the Sky would have included a power antenna, because they are going for a more modern look. Makes me wonder if there is room to install one on the Sol/Sky? :confused:

Go for the satellite radio. XM is great. I just need a way to plug the hole after I take the antenna off.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Turk said:
Go for the satellite radio. XM is great. I just need a way to plug the hole after I take the antenna off.
Shaving it (best looking way) could be costly and tough to match the paint. I heard of a Sol member talking about using a rubber plug ... might blend if your car is black or blue. I think the 6" antenna looks good and flows well with the car. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Alot of the Sol guys are going with the 6". The mod companies will have a good selection and the Sol's antenna should be the same as the Sky's ... so you should have a variety to pick from. :cheers:
Yeah, I'm one of those people. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a great looking car. There are some Solstices available in my area. After looking at the pictures I have to keep telling myself, "You like the Sky better, You like the Sky better, You like the Sky better...."

The stubbie antenna looks much better.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
sky_vue said:
Did you wash it just to show us....

Man it looks good.. :)
hehehe, nah this was just an image I had taken after washing it. That was just washing it too, you should see how it looks freshly waxed. The black is just so beautiful on this car.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:cheers: Here on I will refer to that as one; BAS (Bad Ass Sol)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Ant

Yes I have a Picture of it on a silver Sky. The sky was at pensacola Florida last friday.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rik said:
yeah, it's ugly. we need to find a fix for that and that wart of an antenna for the onstar system.
What does the ON Star antenna look like? Where is it going to be located?

·
Registered
39 Posts
many Hondas have stubby little antennas, like the one on my S2000.
It's pretty popular and gets relocated/stolen onto 350z, celicas, jettas, etc.
But you can just order one from other Honda vehicles, like the Honda Element.
It's only like $10-15.
I wonder if that'll fit?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My little stubbie antenna arrived. It is on my SC2 and it seems to work as well as the regular antenna. Now which would look better on a Midnight Blue Sky? The black one so it blends in or the chrome one to match the chrome accents on the car?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts