Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this afternoon, I ran over something in the road that I obviously did not see. I suddenly hear this horrible cracking sound...so I knew whatever it was had hit that black spoiler under the front of the car. When I got to work, I got on my hands and knees in the parking lot to see what I had done. I must have ran over some kind of can with a gooey substance that was bright yellow/green...it was splattered all over the black spoiler and I found 3 scratches from where the object struck the underside of the front fascia. It's not noticeable unless you get on the ground...but still...:banghead: My hubby came and got the car from work and took it home to wash the goo off...he said it had the texture of silly putty. I have no clue what I ran over...:confused: But the car is all cleaned up now...he said the stuff dissolved with water...so that's good. When I first checked it...I thought it was PAINT! :eek: I'm just glad it came off easily. We're gonna try and buff out the scratches if we can.

·
Registered
450 Posts
urgh! The other day I was driving on 95 here in Miami...I had to swerve to miss a chair and then about 100 yards behind that the matching sofa!...and no owner to the furniture anywhere. Then the next day I had to change lanes due to a washing machine in the right lane. I am thinking I will be able to furnish my entire apartment with a few more drives. And, if there is a pothole...I find it! :D

I am glad it washed off!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ewww goo!

Glad to hear it wasn't paint though...if it was, then you'd have a unique paint job going on there, at least on the undercarriage. :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sounds like a tube of window caulk or something like that.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a tube of window caulk or something like that.
I have no idea. I checked my mirrors right after I hit it...but I didn't see anything in the street, so...who knows. Weird thing is...it happened on a quiet residential street where objects lying in the street aren't all that common. But you could be right about it being a tube of some sort...because the loud cracking sound I heard could have been the tube exploding when my tire rolled over it. The color was strange though...a bright yellowish green color....now that would have looked special on my Silver Pearl if it had splattered on the paint, huh? :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Squirrels' Revenge

Sounds to me like it was a land mine deployed by our bushy-tailed friends in retaliation to a prior post...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
It tant no treerat . Their blood is redish and tastes sweet. Sos I be thinkin that ya dun run over a green=yellow people eater and mankind oughta be thankful that there is one less out there ta create mayhem....Skip....:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
It tant no treerat . Their blood is redish and tastes sweet. Sos I be thinkin that ya dun run over a green=yellow people eater and mankind oughta be thankful that there is one less out there ta create mayhem....Skip....:cool: :cool:
Too funny....haven't seen one since the early 60's. A rare squish.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I don't want anyone to freak out or anything, yellow/green goop horrible cracking sound. This sure sounds like maybe the little green martians with yellow blood are coming to try and take our Sky's :lol: :lol:

Skip that sure sounds like another good reason to have a rifle rack mounted to the rear window........:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I don't want anyone to freak out or anything, yellow/green goop horrible cracking sound. This sure sounds like maybe the little green martians with yellow blood are coming to try and take our Sky's :lol: :lol:

Skip that sure sounds like another good reason to have a rifle rack mounted to the rear window........:lol: :lol:
I got my easy rider rifle rack behind the passenger seat. Now I have ta remember ta keep the stereo down or I get shots fired from tha thumper area. causes holes in tha ragtop... Skip.. also scares tha hell out of tha passenger.....:) :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts