Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! sorry- made the post in the wrong forum earlier- anyways...

Just saw the sky for the first time at my local dealer- they had a sneak preview for one day. It was amazing in person. The only draw back for me was where the roof attaches to the windshield and along side the seats there was a kind of nasty detail with the black rubber gaskets or whatever to form a weather tight seal. All the pictures don't have these gaskets, it just looked like pvc or something hanging off of the model. The guy said it was a preproduction model- has saturn worked out this detail so you don't see this when the top is down or will this always be there?

Also- what to do with the radio antenna? It doesn't retract and looks kinda weird on the back. I never listen to the radio and the guy said i could simply unscrew the antenna, but can you cover up the attachment so it's not open to the elements?

Thanks!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Check out a Solstice. I think the roofs are identical for the most part. I believe what you saw is what we are going to get in production though.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As far as the antenna -- I think it looks cool there -- might get a stubby one though...:cool:
As far as gaskets etc to make it water tight -- that is fine... It is what it is supposed to do.:cheers:
Who would be standing watching me drive it the rain?? Or checking out the roof line while being drenched?:lol:
Top will be down 99.5% of the time -- This car doesn't go out if rain is forecast.:nono:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
As far as the antenna -- I think it looks cool there -- might get a stubby one though...:cool:
As far as gaskets etc to make it water tight -- that is fine... It is what it is supposed to do.:cheers:
Who would be standing watching me drive it the rain?? Or checking out the roof line while being drenched?:lol:
Top will be down 99.5% of the time -- This car doesn't go out if rain is forecast.:nono:
Where do you live that it never rains?? Or is it going to be a garage baby?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
wakebord99 said:
Where do you live that it never rains?? Or is it going to be a garage baby?
Where does it say in my post that it does not rain?? I was asking -- who would be standing in the rain looking at the car?? (and if they were dumb enough to do that -- :willy: who cares??) Other than that the top would be down. If rain is forecast the car will not be out.:nono:
Of COURSE it will be garage kept!

·
Registered
76 Posts
rick112 said:
Check out a Solstice. I think the roofs are identical for the most part. I believe what you saw is what we are going to get in production though.
I had seen the Sky at the Car show, and noticed that the rubber was not anywhere like what is on the Solstice, and for sure the production of the sky will be like the Sol. But you really don't notice it once you get it, but it does make for a very tight car, you know it when you close the door when the top is up. Sometimes I have to close the door twice to get it to close it is that tight.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
My boyfriend had the same idea about the stubby antenna. Where do you find something like that? Do they work as well? :confused:

·
Registered
389 Posts
NC Sky said:
My boyfriend had the same idea about the stubby antenna. Where do you find something like that? Do they work as well? :confused:
Just do a google search for "stubbie antenna" and several sites will come up that sell the product. That's what I did, compared prices and bought two 6 inchers online. I put one on my SC2 to try it out and have had no problems with reception so far.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
SolSky_Designs said:
I had seen the Sky at the Car show, and noticed that the rubber was not anywhere like what is on the Solstice, and for sure the production of the sky will be like the Sol. But you really don't notice it once you get it, but it does make for a very tight car, you know it when you close the door when the top is up. Sometimes I have to close the door twice to get it to close it is that tight.
The car at the Canadian show was the concept. Not the (pre) production car

·
Registered
198 Posts
GRinLR said:
Just do a google search for "stubbie antenna" and several sites will come up that sell the product. That's what I did, compared prices and bought two 6 inchers online. I put one on my SC2 to try it out and have had no problems with reception so far.

Thanks! :thumbs: I'll see what I can find!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts