Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"HOME FORUMS" "ACTIVE TOPICS" "NEW POSTS" "GALLERY GARAGE" "TOOLS" "INSURANCE" "ADVERTISE"

When I sign onto the forum, the above tabs are displayed directly under the Sky Roadster banner. When I clicked on the TOOLS tab a drop down box used to appear, and I could choose from; Find my threads, Find my Post, Search Forum. Now for what ever reason the drop down box no longer appears. All the other tabs work, except the TOOLS tab.

I'm sure it has something to do with this site being moved to the Cloud. I usually hang at the Solstice forum and that site experience some major issues when it was moved to the Cloud. So since this forum is owned by the same company I'm assuming this site also had it's share of issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The site or server has been suspect as of lately for me. I have problems sometimes signing in... never use to have that problem before until now for some reason? Sometimes it is slow and unresponsive like Chop Top said.. once in awhile some of it works fine, normal like and some of the time it does not work. I have given the site extra time to load... wait before signing in and hope it works ok for me. Switching to the cloud has it advantages , sometimes it does not.. PITA imo. " Post quick reply has not worked for me.. for months.. Have to use Go Advanced to post to any thread these days like now with this post. Another PITA.

Anyways... prepping my Sky for the " Run to the Shore " ( see text read of this under albums section on my profile page ) tomorrow morning AM. Go-Pro is charging up, bag is packed, gas/bank/beer today. Weather is clearing here after 2 weeks of rain, doom and gloom no top down run for you LAC. I got one of two remaining rooms available at my hotel yesterday with my reservation. Big price difference from 2 weeks ago. I don't care about the higher room cost for this trip... going now no matter what the weather is or the cost. Drop the Top and Go.

LAC

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Everything seems to be working ok this morning, though it has not been "glitch free" at all times since the switchover. But everything seems to be working OK this morning.

:dunno:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Seen any Kappa's on the road lately in your travels? I'll be on the lookout for some.. during my run tomorrow. Hopeful they will show up for me on my You-Tube site LAC Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoGTDbNLbtm1jo2_8111bw site the view rate is going up there I see.. no comments yet though. But I will post some sort of vid with the Kappa to it.... when I return from this Run To the Shore. New video/photos and text info update stuff...

From semi slow.. to getting there.. to real deal Hi-Speed just another day here on the forum of Permagrin..

LAC

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I recall a check-box when you sign-in that I use and never sign-off when I close down the computer. I use that.

As far as the issues of using the website, I don't believe I can remember any problems of late. The TOOLS dropdown is working fine here. I'll give this the POST QUICK REPLY, and see if that works. (if this comment is still here, it DID WORK)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Everything seems to be working fine for me except for one thing. There is no way to start a new thread for a long time. If I want to post something I look for a related thread and post there. I am logged in.

Can You fix this for me Robo?

Joe

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I usually sign in everytime I come here, but this time clicked on the auto sign in box to see if I could use the TOOLs dropdown box. Nada, still no TOOLS drop down box. The only way I've been able to search this forum is by using Google. Then again, I'm not a paying member so I suppose that could have something to do with it.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Everything seems to be working fine for me except for one thing. There is no way to start a new thread for a long time. If I want to post something I look for a related thread and post there. I am logged in.

Can You fix this for me Robo?

Joe
Navigate to the topic where you wish to post your new thread, near the top on the left side there should be a selection called POST NEW THREAD

Click on that and you should be good to go!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I usually sign in everytime I come here, but this time clicked on the auto sign in box to see if I could use the TOOLs dropdown box. Nada, still no TOOLS drop down box. The only way I've been able to search this forum is by using Google. Then again, I'm not a paying member so I suppose that could have something to do with it.
I'm not a paying member in this forum, but the TOOLS drop down is working fine for me today.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm in agreement with DaveOC on the procedure to post a NEW THREAD. The same procedure I use. I'm not a paying member either. I thought I read once that paying member is no longer any requirement or cause any limitation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Navigate to the topic where you wish to post your new thread, near the top on the left side there should be a selection called POST NEW THREAD

Click on that and you should be good to go!

That doesn't work either, there is no POST NEW THREAD anywhere.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Click on that and you should be good to go! :thumbs:
Still in agreement with DaveOC, but with this addition:
1) from the very top of the skyroadster.com page as you sign-on....find FORUMS. click here
2) now from the drop down menu's, pick the forum that fits the topic you want your post to appear .... example: general discussion, etc. A sub-topic drop down also appears to further refine the subject of your post .... you must pick something here.
3) now having completed 1) and 2), ....on the upper left legend, you should find ">POST NEW THREAD". Click there on the command and you will move to the prepare your post, etc.

I'm hopeful this will work for you as it does work for me, every time. Picking your forum category can be a grab bag, but that is just the way it is sometimes. Picking a wrong area won't prevent your post from appearing. :D

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
Rather than keeping the old format...they went with all this new crap that nobody understands...always remember, less is more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts