Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for a couple days to find the part number for the emissions valve on the 2.4 thats behind the intake under tha hood. I replaced the canister and purge valve in the temple but since I had it tuned its been running rich and getting a lot of raw fuel smell in the cabin. Want to go thru the whole system and see if I can find a leak in the evap and return system but figured thats the only thing besides the fuel pump that hasn't been changed out...
Everything i find lists as the canister valve and I can't see a part number on the one thats in there..
I'm tired of looking and trying to figure out what one fits so figured someone out there might know?

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
I've been trying for a couple days to find the part number for the emissions valve on the 2.4 thats behind the intake under tha hood. I replaced the canister and purge valve in the temple but since I had it tuned its been running rich and getting a lot of raw fuel smell in the cabin. Want to go thru the whole system and see if I can find a leak in the evap and return system but figured thats the only thing besides the fuel pump that hasn't been changed out...
Everything i find lists as the canister valve and I can't see a part number on the one thats in there..
I'm tired of looking and trying to figure out what one fits so figured someone out there might know?
I found this on Rock Auto: 2007 SATURN SKY 2.4L L4 Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid | RockAuto

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Everyone I've found says canister purge valve..is the one under the hood not a canister valve but part of the return system?
I believe that there is a vent valve located with the canister on top of the fuel tank, and a purge valve that is on/near the intake manifold.

That is from memory, however, and subject to error.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one behind the valve cover under the hood is the one I've been hunting for a week know, they all sat canister purge valve.. I suppose I'll try and pull it for a part number this weekend

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, going to try and go thru the whole system this weekend and see if I can find where the raw fuel fumes are coming from.. haven't been able to pin point when it happens as is fairly random but definitely there when I get on it hard.The bad rich running tune doesn't help troubleshooting it either. Smells like that when I start it . Takes a couple times to catch and puffs out a blue cloud of unburnt fuel every time I start it even when at temp🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Thanks, going to try and go thru the whole system this weekend and see if I can find where the raw fuel fumes are coming from.. haven't been able to pin point when it happens as is fairly random but definitely there when I get on it hard.The bad rich running tune doesn't help troubleshooting it either. Smells like that when I start it . Takes a couple times to catch and puffs out a blue cloud of unburnt fuel every time I start it even when at temp🤷‍♂️
Good luck. That condition is going to make finding anything else very difficult.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly! Why I need to just check the whole evap and return system. Between fixing the charcoal canister and pulling the fuel rail for the turbo install there a lot of things that could be "off"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts