Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call today from my Pontiac dealer telling me that a Solstice with automatic came in today and thought I might be interested. I told him that I already got my Sky and he asked me to stop by and show him. I hope it doesn't upset him to see that the Sky is so much better looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
I agree with you about the sky looking better. The last time I commented on it though I got a nasty response from someone named Brentil. I think there are some solstice owners on this forum that dont want their car compared to the sky. STILL THINK IT LOOKS BETTER!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I got a call about a silver solstice I thought I wanted three months ago........but, it got sold in like ten minutes, so people like different things.

·
Registered
517 Posts
your right, i just saw a picture of a solstice on another thread with a hardtop and it looks hot. still not as good as sky though, sorry

·
Registered
63 Posts
triple black said:
I hope it doesn't upset him to see that the Sky is so much better looking.
I wouldnt say that, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
People who never take their head out of their rear ends and
refuse to expand their horizons never go far in life...
just a thought :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
HotSky said:
I agree with you about the sky looking better. The last time I commented on it though I got a nasty response from someone named Brentil. I think there are some solstice owners on this forum that dont want their car compared to the sky. STILL THINK IT LOOKS BETTER!!!
As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
And my eye be holden on a SKY! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dylan01 said:
I wouldnt say that, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
People who never take their head out of their rear ends and
refuse to expand their horizons never go far in life...
just a thought :D

Wow, we must have submitted our clever comments at the same instant! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
HotSky said:
I don't think any car owner would take to too badly if someone mentioned that they did not like the way their car looked. After all that is why the build so many different kinds. But remember -- never put down a person for liking a certain car -- after all your pretty car could be ugly to them as well as vice - versa -- It is a very personal thing.
I too think the SKY look is superior.... But not like a Soltice? -- I am not stupid -- they are a hot car as well and the look while not for me - it is apparently VERY attractive to others..:thumbs:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Each person must pick the car they think fits their tasts. I for one LOVE my Solstice and would never picked a Sky. I love the fast lean mean looks of a th sol--the clean lines--she is pure SASSY--She's Aluring, Sweet, Sexy and Youthful. SOL FUN--The sky is nice but reminds me of the old Mercadies 450s or a vette. The nice thing about the Solstice it is unique looks like no other car before Thank goodness not everyone likes the Sol then it would have taken me years to get it instead of 7 months--Thanks---

·
Registered
727 Posts
triple black said:
I got a call today from my Pontiac dealer telling me that a Solstice with automatic came in today and thought I might be interested. I told him that I already got my Sky and he asked me to stop by and show him. I hope it doesn't upset him to see that the Sky is so much better looking.
HotSky said:
The thing is, wheneve someone makes a statement like car "X" looks better than car "Y," it is really just a personal opinion. Arguing over which looks better is like arguing over what flavor of ice cream tastes better. It's all one person's opinion.

Now on this forum, I have a feeling most people will think that the Sky looks better. Head over to www.solsticeforum.com and you will find people that think the Solstice looks better.

What matters is that you like the car you bought the best. Nobody else has to have the same opinion, and many won't. But there is no need to pick on other people because their opinion is different.

For instance, triple black's salesman may be disappointed he lost the sale, but then again, I doubt he will have trouble selling the car. He may also shake his head wonding why you bought the Sky over the Sol, if HE likes the Sol better. Also, I bet there are not many Sol owners who would be afraid to compare their styling to the Sky's HotSky, since they all generally prefer their car's looks anyway.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
triple black said:
:lol: :lol: You are going to make him cry :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with Formula 88 that is like arguing over different flavors of ice cream. My original love was the Sol when I first saw it 2 ½ years ago. Then I saw the sky and have been fighting with myself ever since. I just could not decide which one I liked best. I love the nose on the Sol better then the Sky but I liked the interior of the Sky better. I started to lean toward the Sky the last few months until I had a chance to buy a Sol. After much Sol searching (pun intended) I went with the Sol. It was my first love and went with her. Sure you can accuse me of being whishy washy, (how do you spell that?) but I just love both cars. I just picked it up a couple of days ago and a smile has never left my face. I am very happy with my decision. You guys will love your Sky, as I know Ernest does. :cheers:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Fformula88 said:
....Arguing over which looks better is like arguing over what flavor of ice cream tastes better. It's all one person's opinion..
Personally, Cookie Dough is the best there is...but I won't dare to eat it in anyones car!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Road Trip said:
I agree with Formula 88 that is like arguing over different flavors of ice cream. My original love was the Sol when I first saw it 2 ½ years ago. Then I saw the sky and have been fighting with myself ever since. I just could not decide which one I liked best. I love the nose on the Sol better then the Sky but I liked the interior of the Sky better. I started to lean toward the Sky the last few months until I had a chance to buy a Sol. After much Sol searching (pun intended) I went with the Sol. It was my first love and went with her. Sure you can accuse me of being whishy washy, (how do you spell that?) but I just love both cars. I just picked it up a couple of days ago and a smile has never left my face. I am very happy with my decision. You guys will love your Sky, as I know Ernest does. :cheers:
Wishy washy? Sounds like you have been flip-flopping more than John Kerry! :D

I like them both too! I am partial to the Sol, but both are great looking roadsters! The Sky interior IS very nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Wishy washy? Sounds like you have been flip-flopping more than John Kerry! :D

I like them both too! I am partial to the Sol, but both are great looking roadsters! The Sky interior IS very nice!
"Flip-flopping more than John Kerry!" How did you know! :D That cracked me up!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts