Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know about those unsightly wrinkels on the rag top in the lower rear flaps.:nono: I'm not liking that.

Waiting on a silver pearl Redline
Deposit 6-1-06
#6 on list

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I would like to know about those unsightly wrinkels on the rag top in the lower rear flaps.:nono: I'm not liking that.

Deposit 6-1-06
#6 on list
that has been discussed a million times on here, It isn;t a big deal since most of us drive with the top down most of the time... the top is just to stop the weather,,,:thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
whew...I thought this thread was going to be about old age or something like that! :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts

Deposit 6-1-06
#6 on list
I have seen numerous Sky's and yes they all share the wrinkles. I also don't like it. But the car is so damn beautiful it really doesn't take away from it. I guess it's something we will just have to live with.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You are in teh inside so you don't see them. They (observers) with all they have to see will not notice since -- IT IS RAINING!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
whew...I thought this thread was going to be about old age or something like that! :lol:
Yeah, I was expecting to see one of those unfortunate photos of Mother in her bikini!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
As I was exiting my Sky today, I noticed that the wrinkles appeared much less prominent than when I first took delivery. Perhaps the many rainstorms that my car has been exposed to, has tightened up the fabric a bit, making it seem like it's less wrinkled than it was before.

·
Registered
692 Posts
:jester: Is Botox available for this problem? Possibly ironing and steaming too??

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
What wrinkles??:confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
The wrinkles on the afbuts, Artsy Fartsy BUTress Supports, can be almost eliminated by seperating the two halves and pulling the velcro halves back together. Most of the time you still will have wrinkles but since when you are driving top down you will not notice. And if perchance it is hot as hell outside and you drive with the top up , you won't notice because you are inside the Sky and everybody else won't notice because they are human and see the beautiful body. Skip..trust me...:lol: :) :)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Guess I'm an ole timer, what little thingies yawl see don't bother me none--(I was kiddin up above when I said what wrinkles---)hehe:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I like the wrinkles. Matches my face.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think they are much more noticeable on the tan tops. The first tan top I saw I thought the top didn't fit as well as mine, then a friend pointed out mine had them too, just don't see them as much with the dark color.....that's why I'm glad I have a black top!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think they are much more noticeable on the tan tops. The first tan top I saw I thought the top didn't fit as well as mine, then a friend pointed out mine had them too, just don't see them as much with the dark color.....that's why I'm glad I have a black top!
I too took the black top for that same reason...

Also, they seemed to have gotten better with time....

Heat, sun & black?

I am not sure, but have only have the top up while driving twice anyways....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
those are not wrinkles, they are "character lines"
they help in smoothing the airflow coming off the sides of the top when you are driving high speed...
Actually, nobody has ever commented to me about the wrinkles in the top, seems like the only ones concerned are people that own the car....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have had the top up (mostly) the last week and after putting down last night -- and then seeing your post -- I put it up this morning (cool in the AM here) I noticed -- Wrinkles are nearly gone! They tighten up with use (shrikage??) But really -- no wrinkles to be seen and I had just put the top up, that's when they'd be most noticible.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The wrinkles are no big deal. Top down - no see um. Top up - no see um from inside.

If I were to complain about wrinkles it would be the ones on a new Farrari F430 I saw up at Sonoma's Infineon Raceway during a Ferrari Challenge event. :eek:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
those are not wrinkles, they are "character lines"
they help in smoothing the airflow coming off the sides of the top when you are driving high speed...
Actually, nobody has ever commented to me about the wrinkles in the top, seems like the only ones concerned are people that own the car....
Yep...and I have noticed that they improve with age.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts