Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had this issue?

It seems that now when I am in the SKY I tend to stop for more yellow lights. I don't know what it is...

Is it because it is so sure-footed that I know when I stomp on the brakes it's going to stop real tight? Is it because I love taking off from a light and running through the gears? Is it because I am still driving paranoid and with heightened senses in the SKY so I anticipate the lights turning yellow? Or is it that I just like sitting there at the light, having a car pull up next to me and give me a compliment on my car? (It's still happening several times a day!)

But seriously, I swear, I find myself sitting at more intersections and thinking "Man, this is a loooooong yellow. I probably shoulda popped through..."

Anybody else observe this phenomenon?

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
moving...stopped...it is all the same...they all say it is beautiful...and if they don't, they stare at your car and talk to the passenger next to them...and gawk....loving it!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah, isn't that strange? Sometimes I get lost too, finding myself taking the "long and winding route" home or sometimes stumble down areas with lots of pedestrians like Georgetown and have to deal with all kinds of looks and attention.

Maybe we should let Saturn know about this problem...

·
Registered
804 Posts
That is just too wierd! I have the same problem. I bet Saturn has put something in the radio that sends out some kind of electronic wave causing our brains to slowly change while driving the Sky...I don't seem to have the same problem when driving the minivan!:eek:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I call it the falling SKY syndrome. Yes I to slow down on yellow and get this actually come to a complete stop at stop signs. Yes something about the growl of the Sky makes me cruise instead of hauling ass around town. I know it tant no water because yall drink different water than what I do.......Skip....love to cruise....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Me Too

Kustomkaps said:
That is just too wierd! I have the same problem. I bet Saturn has put something in the radio that sends out some kind of electronic wave causing our brains to slowly change while driving the Sky...I don't seem to have the same problem when driving the minivan!:eek:
I've noticed it as well

·
Registered
266 Posts
Seagull said:
I've noticed it as well
This is great! Everyone savors the driving experience so much, they don't mind taking a smooth and steady cruise...beautiful :thumbs:
Running the gears off the 'line' is great fun...the more yellow lights the better.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Watch out behind you

Better watch out that the person behind you isn't expecting you to blow through the yellow, might not turn out well if you can stop but you have someone following too closely with other ideas.

I've had a number of times where I thought I was pushing it and maybe could have stopped without excessive braking effort - only to see two or three cars behind me all went through.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Better watch out that the person behind you isn't expecting you to blow through the yellow, might not turn out well if you can stop but you have someone following too closely with other ideas.

I've had a number of times where I thought I was pushing it and maybe could have stopped without excessive braking effort - only to see two or three cars behind me all went through.
Good advise:) As anyone here can attest that 'rides'..
if you are a bike rider, your defensive driving skills are over the top, (or should be) and with a small car like the Sky it is equally important to be scanning constantly...I just assume everyone else is gonna do something...for lack of a better word...stupid or maybe unpredictable. Some things are just unavoidable, but one can never be too careful...ever.
I equate driving a vehicle like the sky, to my scooter..
make no assumptions, take no kids...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts