Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, I've been kind of busy & haven't had time to to drop in, only time to view the forum.:D

Well, I have some time & wanted to give everyone an update on my Sky wait. Last month, I was told that my Sky would be built by the end of August. I called my GM last week & he told me it wasn't, but would be built this week. He also told me that since I've been patient waiting for the car, that the District Manager put an "expedite" code on my order. He said it will be built this week, shipped to Manassas, VA and then put on a truck straight to Oklahoma.

Has anyone ever heard of this code? Its not that I don't believe them, they've been pretty straight forward with me since I put the deposit down in April.

Thoughts on this, anyone?

Is it feasible for me to think I will have my Sky around the middle of September?

I also want to congratulate everyone that received their Sky's recently, I am so jealous!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, I've been kind of busy & haven't had time to to drop in, only time to view the forum.:D

Well, I have some time & wanted to give everyone an update on my Sky wait. Last month, I was told that my Sky would be built by the end of August. I called my GM last week & he told me it wasn't, but would be built this week. He also told me that since I've been patient waiting for the car, that the District Manager put an "expedite" code on my order. He said it will be built this week, shipped to Manassas, VA and then put on a truck straight to Oklahoma.

Has anyone ever heard of this code? Its not that I don't believe them, they've been pretty straight forward with me since I put the deposit down in April.

Thoughts on this, anyone?

Is it feasible for me to think I will have my Sky around the middle of September?

I also want to congratulate everyone that received their Sky's recently, I am so jealous!:cheers:
What you are talking about is a Hot Ticket, and yes General Managers can do it. As for the going to Manasas VA then by truck, I don't think they do that. I could be wrong. Mayhem was Hot Ticketed from the plant and has already got to Chicago. Your route would be Wilmington to Lordstown OH, Chicago then South. :thumbs:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What you are talking about is a Hot Ticket, and yes General Managers can do it. As for the going to Manasas VA then by truck, I don't think they do that. I could be wrong. Mayhem was Hot Ticketed from the plant and has already got to Chicago. Your route would be Wilmington to Lordstown OH, Chicago then South. :thumbs:
Thanks for confirming that for me Ernest!:thumbs:

Is it too much to hope for a delivery in about two weeks? I am soooooo ready to get the car.:willy:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It woun't be long now, can't wait to see your yellow SKY.
I'm looking forward to getting together for a little cruise. Maybe a local car show?:D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Car Show Come on Down!

:cheers:
Cobra Please Please bring your baby to the Tuesday night car show at Back Yard Burgers 71st and Mingo Sam's Parking lot 6:00pm to dusk. I want the 3 Pontiac solstice to cringe when you park next to them. They were there last Tuesday, personalized plates, SPOOKY, GOTSOL, and HOTSOL. Look for my little sapphire blue Sunbeam Alpine 60STOY and and the Daytona sunset orange corvette PUMPK1N. I have to drool on the solstice closest thing to a Sky.

TulsaSky
:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks for confirming that for me Ernest!:thumbs:

Is it too much to hope for a delivery in about two weeks? I am soooooo ready to get the car.:willy:
Remotely possible, Serenity made it to me in 13 days, on regular shipping.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

:agree: :agree:

But besides the Hot ticket. They can expedite the the car being made. My dealer did this with a Solstice order that never got put in by accident. The internet sales took the order and never forwarded the order to him ( Sales Manager ) to put in. Eight months later the guy call and wanted to know how much longer.

He called down to Willmington and the person incharged agreed to have the car expedited. They built it within a couple of days. Then they hot ticketed the car . It only had to come 6 hours north though by truck.

But I have heard of a few Solstice that went a distance by truck instead of getting put on a train. But it doesn't happen often. And usually it's some kind of big screw up somewhere for them to do this.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cobra Please Please bring your baby to the Tuesday night car show at Back Yard Burgers 71st and Mingo Sam's Parking lot 6:00pm to dusk. I want the 3 Pontiac solstice to cringe when you park next to them. They were there last Tuesday, personalized plates, SPOOKY, GOTSOL, and HOTSOL. Look for my little sapphire blue Sunbeam Alpine 60STOY and and the Daytona sunset orange corvette PUMPK1N. I have to drool on the solstice closest thing to a Sky.

TulsaSky
:D
Didn't get it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll bring it to the car show!:cheers:

I want to bring my Cobra out too, as soon as its finished!:cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:agree: :agree:

But besides the Hot ticket. They can expedite the the car being made. My dealer did this with a Solstice order that never got put in by accident. The internet sales took the order and never forwarded the order to him ( Sales Manager ) to put in. Eight months later the guy call and wanted to know how much longer.

He called down to Willmington and the person incharged agreed to have the car expedited. They built it within a couple of days. Then they hot ticketed the car . It only had to come 6 hours north though by truck.

But I have heard of a few Solstice that went a distance by truck instead of getting put on a train. But it doesn't happen often. And usually it's some kind of big screw up somewhere for them to do this.
You're right, my GM did tell me that the "expedite" code would also get it made faster. I'm hoping for an update today.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Cobra's

Two cobra's were at the show last week also, one black and one blue, so you will have to compare your complete handy work with the other ole boys. The awesome car is the Lamborghini with the V12 engine, WOW!
Out of town next week but on the 19th weather permitting maybe by some miracle you and your sky will roll in, we can all dream and hope right?
:willy:

TulsaSky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts