Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guess what? The general manager called me today and said he had heard what happened last night and how we left very upset. He said he was very sorry. His excuse was the other manager was new. Since he knew we had waited so long he authorized the manager to sell us the car without the suspension kit ($3,000). They were really trying to make us happy. They also offered extended warranty at a huge discount. We thought long and hard. It still had $2,400 worth of options we weren't expecting. We decided to take it. VIN #5433. Does that mean it was sitting somewhere all this time? Aren't current VINs in the 7,000s? I will post pics soon. The drive home was worth the wait. Had a ton of people looking at me and staring. Thanks to all the forum members for hearing me rant this morning and for giving me all the great advice. I greatly appreciate the support!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:D Congratulations !

I commend the manager for stepping up ... he did not have to. It speaks miles about what us Saturn customers expect from a professional honest dealer.

Happy trails ... :driving:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
moni6 said:
Guess what? The general manager called me today and said he had heard what happened last night and how we left very upset. He said he was very sorry. His excuse was the other manager was new. Since he knew we had waited so long he authorized the manager to sell us the car without the suspension kit ($3,000). They were really trying to make us happy. They also offered extended warranty at a huge discount. We thought long and hard. It still had $2,400 worth of options we weren't expecting. We decided to take it. VIN #5433. Does that mean it was sitting somewhere all this time? Aren't current VINs in the 7,000s? I will post pics soon. The drive home was worth the wait. Had a ton of people looking at me and staring.
I am glad your story had a happy ending. :thumbs:

·
Registered
351 Posts
"VIN #5433. Does that mean it was sitting somewhere all this time? Aren't current VINs in the 7,000s?"

Congratulations!!!:cheers: You will love that car.

Look at your drivers door. It has a sticker that lists date of manufacture, but only lists month and year.
You can see that my car's manufacture date was March. It arrived at the dealer around the first week of May and I took delivery June 1.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
PieintheSky said:
"VIN #5433. Does that mean it was sitting somewhere all this time? Aren't current VINs in the 7,000s?"

Congratulations!!!:cheers: You will love that car.

Look at your drivers door. It has a sticker that lists date of manufacture, but only lists month and year.
You can see that my car's manufacture date was March. It arrived at the dealer around the first week of May and I took delivery June 1.
Hey, ours were built the same month, mine was built on the 14th to be exact:thumbs: Received mine end of March. It must have been a slow train to Florida!!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats!

Glad your story had a happy ending.
Many happy miles!
:cheers:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congratulations...I'm glad you were able to get your Sky. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ha! They knew it was about to go VERY badly for them. The best part...you GOT YOUR CAR!!! Congratulations! Snapped from the jaws of crushing disappointment. It is good you stood your ground, Girl! What bravery!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats!!!!

I'm Glad it all worked out for you! I was so steamed reading your post this morning! May the roads be smooth and the Sky clear! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Thanks for the update. Real glad to hear things worked out better.
Nice way to wrap up the day after reading this mornings post.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Way to go!!!!! :) My car arrived at the dealer just a couple days ago and it's VIN was in the 4300's, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am so glad it worked out for you, I got 2495.00 in markup with nothing to show for it. You will come out allright. Enjoy your new car and don't feel bad anymore. It was nice of the dealer to at least compromise, maybe he thought it would go bad for him down the road.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey, I'm so glad to hear it. I really felt awful for you. It is great to know that the manager stepped up, so now I don't have to hate them. (I told my mom today that when I got my Saturn I was refusing to have it serviced there, even though they are the closest dealer to my home based on how they treated you). Sigh, I always was a sucker for a happy ending.:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I hope you have a great time with your new Sky also. I probably would not have made the same decision as you in that I wouldn't have given my business to a dealer that did that... even if he backed down somewhat later.

At least I'd never go back to him, get it serviced somewhere else and recommend to my friends they also avoid them. (I doubt they made you sign an agreement to not talk bad of them..LOL). A dealer being only "somewhat dishonest" is still one that deserves to go out of business.

Enjoy your great car & avoid that POS dealer!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. It's refreshing to hear of somone stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I received mine last week and my VIN is 4927

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats :cheers: Glad that everything worked out in the long run.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Glad you got it. We're gonna have to park yours next to mine at the October run...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts