Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard a " Rumor " that they were told they are only building turbo's this week. Also the opel ( Which is a tubo ) was set to start production yesterday. But I say the heck with the Opel get those GXP'S and Red Lines going !!!!

But they didn't know the breakdown of what the production by brand.

This is a VERY good source !!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hope it is true...:cheers: Winter will be here all too soon... :mad:
We need our cars soon..................:D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BLUERIDGE SKY said:
Hope it is true...:cheers: Winter will be here all too soon... :mad:
We need our cars soon..................:D
The bummer is they are starting the opel also this week ( It's a turbo ) I heard they made around 20 Red Lines last week.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Please Please Please let this rumor be true...my salesrep told me that once the car is ordered it should take apprx. 8 weeks for delivery...I'm next on the list at my dealership.... I'm commuting 20 miles roundtrip on a 125 cc scooter until my redline arrives. It's nice getting 70 miles per gallon:cool: , but not nice maxing out at 55 MPH:banghead: ... and taking 20 seconds to get there.:willy:

·
Registered
93 Posts
:willy: I only hope that rumor is true!!!! I have been having dreams of driving ...in the snow in my sky!!! I was told not until December!! What a wonderful pre-Christmas present!!!!:) :) :) please be true. I just can't wait....anymore!:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
akinmb said:
Please Please Please let this rumor be true...my salesrep told me that once the car is ordered it should take apprx. 8 weeks for delivery...I'm next on the list at my dealership.... I'm commuting 20 miles roundtrip on a 125 cc scooter until my redline arrives. It's nice getting 70 miles per gallon:cool: , but not nice maxing out at 55 MPH:banghead: ... and taking 20 seconds to get there.:willy:
Not from when he put in the preliminary order maybe once it's imaged.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
deluke said:
Not from when he put in the preliminary order maybe once it's imaged.
:agree:
deluke is usually pretty close and yes -- 8 weeks from image -- sure but not "being next" that could be another week another month, until the dealer gets an image for you.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
deluke is usually pretty close and yes -- 8 weeks from image -- sure but not "being next" that could be another week another month, until the dealer gets an image for you.
Or he might not get a allocation for 4/8 months. You really don't know. It depends on the Dealership sales from the prior year.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
That's my understanding.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I called my dealership today and asked if they knew anything about this. I was told they are still building program cars. I hope that Redlines are being built. This is worse than waiting for the birth of a child....and longer too!!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
jason said:
I called my dealership today and asked if they knew anything about this. I was told they are still building program cars. I hope that Redlines are being built. This is worse than waiting for the birth of a child....and longer too!!!
Your dealer for sure doesn't know what he's talking about !!! Ernest and Pitcom already have vin numbers. Second your dealer doesn't even know the cars are called pre-production not program cars. Please have faith in some of us forum members that have inside info and sources. Also, here is a PM I just got from Pitcom who lives by the factory. Which verifies my original post about turbos all week. And Again, trust me on this one.

gxp's and rl's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole factory lot was covered in them today, gxp's and red lines everywhere. Saw a handful going thru qc to get approved for shipping. Red lines being driven all over the place.
Current Event: 4000 8-12-06
VIN: 1G8MG35X67Y107810
Chili Pepper Red
5 speed, spoiler, chrome, leather, cd/mp3

·
Registered
692 Posts
Good heavens,
VIN numbers on Redlines, Ernest is gonna get his delivered (and good for him too)! Before my dealerships able to get it's 4th Sky in the door.
Madness, ALL MADNESS!!!:banghead:
Well, don't I appear to be the nutcase now?:willy:

Imaged 23/06/06
#KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
93 Posts
Deluke I would be lying if i said I had any faith in the dealership I am going through!!! I am the one that calls them and tells them the info on the cars. Maybe I should get paid by Saturn to inform the dealership? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts