Saturn Sky Forum banner

1041 - 1050 of 1050 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Also, upon installation of the new part, the airbag light is STILL on. Apparently the airbag system needs to be reprogrammed and re-calibrated?
Or it could be a different part of the air bag system that is failing. There is a diagnostic that can be done to narrow down the options.

I'd suggest taking it in to a GM dealer and having them run that diagnostic.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Or it could be a different part of the air bag system that is failing. There is a diagnostic that can be done to narrow down the options.

I'd suggest taking it in to a GM dealer and having them run that diagnostic.

:thumbs:

Since the light remains on with both airbags u will need GM computers for a diagnosis....bet it will cost over 100 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
5,105 Posts
Every time I have gotten a "Service Airbag" message and light from a bad seat sensor, powering the car with a good sensor has automatically cleared the fault.

As has been stated already, your problem is likely either not the seat sensor, or is a problem with the wiring and not the sensor itself. You definitely need a diagnostic run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have scanned the codes with my own scanner and came up with the B00018 code, which is specifically for the PPS. I have also taken it to a Chevy dealer and paid them $180 for them to tell me the exact same thing, and give me a quote for a $1000 repair, which includes the new PPS sensor and labor. This is why I just bought it myself and did it myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,105 Posts
Sorry, it took a while for things to sink in.

Sometimes a new PPS must be calibrated after installation. You need a dealer, a Tech2 or equivalent, or a mechanic that has one.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Sorry, it took a while for things to sink in.

Sometimes a new PPS must be calibrated after installation. You need a dealer, a Tech2 or equivalent, or a mechanic that has one.
Of course! Although I have heard once it is installed after a few says the light goes out..but that is atypical.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,048 (Edited)
So what you see is the part that was replaced under warranty a little over a year ago. I actually dont see anything physically wrong with it, the thin transistor film seems to be intact and not broken or torn anywhere. Actually the part number on the old one is the same, 84447741.

From the picture you posted, you cannot see the failure point of the mat. You have to take the black covering off to expose the 3D matrix within. The part that fails is a u-shaped section on the back half of the matrix. In the two pictures attached below you can see where the matrix fails. You'll have to take apart that mat to see if it has failed.

IF it has, PLEASE send me the full sized image you posed here and another image after the mat is apart showing the damaged area. This would be a huge help.

On the part numbers, the mat itself is unchanged so it would make sense the part number is unchanged (even though typically they do change). The only difference is the addition of the reinforcement tape. However, it makes a big difference, I believe, if the tape is applied to a mat that has been in the car for 10 years versus one that is brand new. If the mat has already been damaged during it's lifetime, I don't feel the tape will prevent a future failure. On a new, undamaged mat, the chance of future failure seems drastically reduced using the reinforcement tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
From the picture you posted, you cannot see the failure point of the mat. You have to take the black covering off to expose the 3D matrix within. The part that fails is a u-shaped section on the back half of the matrix. In the two pictures attached below you can see where the matrix fails. You'll have to take apart that mat to see if it has failed.

IF it has, PLEASE send me the full sized image you posed here and another image after the mat is apart showing the damaged area. This would be a huge help.

On the part numbers, the mat itself is unchanged so it would make sense the part number is unchanged (even though typically they do change). The only difference is the addition of the reinforcement tape. However, it makes a big difference, I believe, if the tape is applied to a mat that has been in the car for 10 years versus one that is brand new. If the mat has already been damaged during it's lifetime, I don't feel the tape will prevent a future failure. On a new, undamaged mat, the chance of future failure seems drastically reduced using the reinforcement tape.
Will do! I'll take her apart now

1041 - 1050 of 1050 Posts