Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you opt for the 6 disc in dash changer, the 225 watt system, where is the amplifier and the subwoofer located?

Is the subwoofer a 6.5" sub?

What size door speakers do they have? I figure 6.5's, but want confirmation :)

Thanks,
Jordan

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The sub is located behind the passenger seat in its own custom enclosure. I would think the sub is around 7'' but I don't know for sure.

The door speakers are 6 1/2" and then there are the other high range tweeters.

Im not disappointed in the premium stereo though it had been talked up quite a bit! I don't know of any other way I could have had a sub put in without a lot of work or sacrifice of precious trunk space, and it can hum a nice low but the mids and highs aren't anything to write home about. In all for factory I'm happy, but I know myself and in no time Ill be getting crutchfield happy too.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
From what I remember seeing in a picture over at the SolForum... it is an 8" sub...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 would be great... I don't know exactly what me and my brother are going to do with it, but if we can't find enough enclosure space for a nice 8 or 10 and an amp, we are probably going to try to get some 8's in the door :)

Not sure yet though.. Have to get one first, and it looks like it won't be easy..

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:thumbs: It is an incredible system. I can hear it crystal clear at the approved speed limits. (wink wink):jester:

·
Registered
115 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
From what I remember seeing in a picture over at the SolForum... it is an 8" sub...
What is the model number on your after-market stereo. I want to read up on the specs (audio enthusiast that I am)..............:cool:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks alot ggccg!

Looks interesting.. should be fun to get into and figure out what can be done... Monsoon was never too bad in cars, my brothers 2000 SS Monsoon was alright for a stock system..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
SkyRaider said:
What is the model number on your after-market stereo. I want to read up on the specs (audio enthusiast that I am)..............:cool:
On my current system??? Pioneer AVIC-N1, JL Audio 12W7, JL Audio XR650-CSi 6.5" 2-Ways, JL Audio XR650-CXi 6.5" Coaxials, Kicker KX1200.1, Kicker KX600.4 and Stinger SXCAP1.2M capacitor...

For my SKY... still undecided on most except for brands. Since the back speakers are only about 3 inches... not much to choose from there. If the double-DIN AVIC's had a DVD player, that is what I would get... but since it is just CD player with a seperate Mapping DVD reader... not sure yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts