Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you opt for the 6 disc in dash changer, the 225 watt system, where is the amplifier and the subwoofer located?

Is the subwoofer a 6.5" sub?

What size door speakers do they have? I figure 6.5's, but want confirmation :)

Thanks,
Jordan

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The sub is located behind the passenger seat in its own custom enclosure. I would think the sub is around 7'' but I don't know for sure.

The door speakers are 6 1/2" and then there are the other high range tweeters.

Im not disappointed in the premium stereo though it had been talked up quite a bit! I don't know of any other way I could have had a sub put in without a lot of work or sacrifice of precious trunk space, and it can hum a nice low but the mids and highs aren't anything to write home about. In all for factory I'm happy, but I know myself and in no time Ill be getting crutchfield happy too.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
From what I remember seeing in a picture over at the SolForum... it is an 8" sub...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 would be great... I don't know exactly what me and my brother are going to do with it, but if we can't find enough enclosure space for a nice 8 or 10 and an amp, we are probably going to try to get some 8's in the door :)

Not sure yet though.. Have to get one first, and it looks like it won't be easy..

·
Registered
115 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
From what I remember seeing in a picture over at the SolForum... it is an 8" sub...
What is the model number on your after-market stereo. I want to read up on the specs (audio enthusiast that I am)..............:cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
SkyRaider said:
What is the model number on your after-market stereo. I want to read up on the specs (audio enthusiast that I am)..............:cool:
On my current system??? Pioneer AVIC-N1, JL Audio 12W7, JL Audio XR650-CSi 6.5" 2-Ways, JL Audio XR650-CXi 6.5" Coaxials, Kicker KX1200.1, Kicker KX600.4 and Stinger SXCAP1.2M capacitor...

For my SKY... still undecided on most except for brands. Since the back speakers are only about 3 inches... not much to choose from there. If the double-DIN AVIC's had a DVD player, that is what I would get... but since it is just CD player with a seperate Mapping DVD reader... not sure yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts