Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and to the Saturn Sky. I live in Austin Texas, and I'm very excited to (finally) get my hands on an almost mint low mileage 2009 Red Line. All the usual mods have been done: new water pump, thermostat, upgraded brakes and rotors, rear diff seals etc. The water temp runs around 200F, sometimes 210F. I've been looking at how to get colder air swirling to the engine bay especially while driving and it would appear to me that one could do this if that upper front grill black insert was removed. It also appears that if this is removed then cooler air would also flow to the air box located immediately behind the insert.

Thoughts, and has anyone removed this upper front insert piece of black plastic, and how was it done?

Thanks so much.

:huh:

Previous cars worked on: Austin Healy 3000, Triumph TR 5, DeTomaso Pantera, Willys CJ2A (1947)

·
Premium Member
97 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
RIP bumper?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
It’s solid behind the chrome and fake plastic grill. Would require some cutting.
What I mean is once the cutting occurs, is there a way back to OEM appearance? Or will it require replacing....idk the whole bumper?

·
Registered
526 Posts
really depends on how much you cut out. I guess if it’s just a smaller hole, you could cover it back up with the fake grill (as long as there is enough to remount it). Don’t image there is any gain with it opened up. Just introducing water.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I bought the same about a week and a half ago...awaiting the arrival.
It’s going this weekend or next I’ll keep yall up to date here...I’m definitely keeping it blocked but I also want to be conservative with how much bumper I saw off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts