Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from looking at the dealer's first SKY. I don't like the chrome bar across the upper front grill and was looking at how tough it would be to remove. It looks easy, three nuts and it should come off. Only question is what does the grill look like behind it; complete grill or flat non embossed plastic?

But to the point, the upper grill is solid, it doesn't allow airflow under the hood. I found this interesting as I'd like to see this open completely closed off like the original VX Lightning Concept that the SKY was based on. Hmmm, maybe for the future years update!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
you are right on.think there might be an after market company that can fit a piece of plastic into that spot ,if they do it correct /sign me up .

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
aloch said:
Just got back from looking at the dealer's first SKY. I don't like the chrome bar across the upper front grill and was looking at how tough it would be to remove. It looks easy, three nuts and it should come off. Only question is what does the grill look like behind it; complete grill or flat non embossed plastic?

But to the point, the upper grill is solid, it doesn't allow airflow under the hood. I found this interesting as I'd like to see this open completely closed off like the original VX Lightning Concept that the SKY was based on. Hmmm, maybe for the future years update!!

side grills on the front near the fog lights and the side vents are fake too, but I don't care, Love the car just as it is...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
lbsst14 said:
I would rather swap in the Opel badges...

Why? are you ashamed it is a Saturn?

·
Registered
554 Posts
The lower grills near the fog lights are vented on the Redline version. They are used to run air flow to the front disc brakes for cooling.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
richmcc said:
I am not ahamed that it is a Saturn, but would like the Opel badge because I like the lightning bolt/
sounds like to me you want people to think it is a foreign car:nono: , be proud, wear your Saturn emblems proudly....

·
Registered
802 Posts
glock919 said:
hope there will be an after market or custom shop who can paint the body color over that ugly silver plate.
That is why there is something or someone for all of us..
Just look at the Citroen over the years (U-G-L-Y), as time would have it, it now is starting to look better. You see? You can put lipstick on a pig or paint over chrome..It's all just makeup!

·
Registered
23 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Why? are you ashamed it is a Saturn?
Nope, I just like being able to make people do a triple take. I have European “Tuscani” badges on my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon for that reason alone.

Plus I just think the Opel badges look cooler...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts