Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard the Hot Rod magazine's V8 Solstice is on display at the plant in Willmington, it's a hard top. They say it's awesum! It's not built in Willmington but at the corvette plant. Just on display in Willmington.

Also hear they have painted a few blue stone pre-production. Said the color was really nice, probably be out when the Red Line becomes available, they weren't positive. They call it steel blue though not bluestone.

·
Registered
255 Posts
:cheers: I wonder why they would change the name from Bluestone? GM has talked about the color for many months and now want to call it Blue Steel !! That doesn't really make much sense to me. Oh well, many people are waiting for the Blue Steel.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
longwaitlarry said:
:cheers: I wonder why they would change the name from Bluestone? GM has talked about the color for many months and now want to call it Blue Steel !! That doesn't really make much sense to me. Oh well, many people are waiting for the Blue Steel.
The real name is "Bluestone" but alot of people at the plant are calling it steel blue, I guess they don't know the official color name. So if you hear anyone from the plant saying steel blue, it's really the Bluestone.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It does look like "Blue Steel" so I can see why the plant people would call it that.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Not at Bowling Green

The idea for throwing a V-8 in a Pontiac Solstice had been swirling around the HOT ROD offices since the car was unveiled, but the real movement came at a meeting in mid-2005 between the GM Performance Division (GMPD) and HOT ROD editorial staff. There it was agreed that HOT ROD would build a bad-ass LS7-powered two-seater Solstice, and GMPD would provide technical guidance to make sure the job was done right.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think everybody should call it Blue Steel, just because the car is really really really good looking.

You older folks might not get it, this is from one of them moving picture shows.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I get the joke. Very funny. It's the "LOOK." :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts