Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching my wife drying off her horse after washing him, I realized her Metro Vac N Blo 4hp dryer is the same one the auto detail stores are selling for drying vehicles. After washing my Sky tonight, I tried the Vac N Blo as well as my 24cc Sears leaf blower. The Vac N Blo was like a whirlwind compared to the tornado put out by the leaf blower.
The $90 leaf blower is definitely better at car drying than the $175 Metro. Unlikely you would be throwing any sand or dust at your car, since generally you are holding the leaf blower is 3-4 feet off the ground while using. It also sends out warm air which you Northern guys might appreciate when you're hand washing your Sky this winter.

·
Registered
991 Posts
In the dead of winter in wiscosin, I use the brushless automatic wash services. It does not do a good shine job, but it helps keep the road salt off the car. I usually judge the weather as dang cold when nose freezes shut and I can't feel my ears anymore....about -10 F:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK, now this is interesting. At Sturgis on the bikes last month we were looking at the little blowers being sold and a guy said he used his leaf blower and it worked better. I thought that sounded rather odd, then deduced it would work and vowed to try it ... if I ever get time to wash the bugs off it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have tried both my ShopVac and my electric leaf blower. I'd have to say that the blower does better. The ShopVac on blow does not have the velocity, and on suck you have to rub the black :)eek:) attachments across the Yellow exterior of Sunni. The leaf blower BLASTS the water out of the hood vents and the grills. I also blast the chrome bar on the grill and the door handles as well as the SKY on the rear bumper...:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts